Invisibles K1 Upgrades - Now with WALK and HPFP Stg1

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Revision D

01 Nov 2010

Small update as nothing new added for a long time. Car has been beginning to feel a bit sluggish recently. I do not know if this is because I am used to stage 1 now or something just not performing correctly so decided to upgrade one of the 'weak' parts

So today fitted the new Revision D Diverter Valve (supplied from Sere Motors).

Very easy to fit (on Cupras anyway)

As per image below
1. Unplug the connector
2. remove the 3 screws (Torx T30) and remove
('X' marks the spot of screws / connection)
Diverter-valve-replacement1.jpg

FYI,
Below image of new Rev D Diverter Valve on Left, old 'rubber' type on right;
newrev-D-next-to-old.jpg

I have to say do not know if its placebo effect kicking in as know it's a new valve but it does appear to feel like it holds boost better but wouldn't say noticeable performance increase as feel my old one was in very good working order anyway

Also, coming soon -

Autotech HPFP and new CAM follower being installed 03 Nov and hopefully a tweak to the map

Autotech HPFP Internals
autotech-HPFP-internals1.jpg

CAM Follower
new-CAM-Follower.jpg

- WALK, front inner wishbone poly bushes and engine mounts (still sitting in garage) - Install TBC (may wait for ARBs and do all at same time

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
01 Nov 2010

Small update as nothing new added for a long time. Car has been beginning to feel a bit sluggish recently. I do not know if this is because I am used to stage 1 now or something just not performing correctly so decided to upgrade one of the 'weak' parts

So today fitted the new Revision D Diverter Valve (supplied from Sere Motors).

Very easy to fit (on Cupras anyway)

As per image below
1. Unplug the connector
2. remove the 3 screws (Torx T30) and remove
('X' marks the spot of screws / connection)
Diverter-valve-replacement1.jpg

FYI,
Below image of new Rev D Diverter Valve on Left, old 'rubber' type on right;
newrev-D-next-to-old.jpg

I have to say do not know if its placebo effect kicking in as know it's a new valve but it does appear to feel like it holds boost better but wouldn't say noticeable performance increase as feel my old one was in very good working order anyway

Also, coming soon -

Autotech HPFP and new CAM follower being installed 03 Nov and hopefully a tweak to the map

Autotech HPFP Internals
autotech-HPFP-internals1.jpg

CAM Follower
new-CAM-Follower.jpg

- WALK, front inner wishbone poly bushes and engine mounts (still sitting in garage) - Install TBC (may wait for ARBs and do all at same time

looking good Dave , mine was miles better once my revision d was fitted.
will be interesting to see what its like with the new fuel pump , how much is it costing?

JayCee

Apr 8, 2010
Isle of Man
Short of removing the current valve (as beautifully described above!) can you tell if you have the Rev D already? Is there a code on the part that is easy to see? (can't look now as it's too damn dark, wet and windy!)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Short of removing the current valve (as beautifully described above!) can you tell if you have the Rev D already? Is there a code on the part that is easy to see? (can't look now as it's too damn dark, wet and windy!)

there is iirc its not visable without taking the valve out , unless you get a dental mirror and manourve it into place to read it.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham

Externally they look the same.

Not with car at moment so can not see if part number is visable, if it is the Rev D partno would be;

06H145710D

If it's not that then you have the old one. I think they started swapping them over in 2009 so chances are if the car is older than on an 09 plate you probably have the old one

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
looking good Dave , mine was miles better once my revision d was fitted.
will be interesting to see what its like with the new fuel pump , how much is it costing?

I got the autotech internals from a group buy on Vagoc.com (guy picking up direct from the USA) for £230 (too good to miss that one!) versus 310 quid best I could get elsewhere (Monster Motorsport)

Monster Motorsport quoted me 45 quid to install as about an hours work. I did read the instructions for doing myself but short on a few of the tools and looked like a bit fiddly and guessed i'd likely to end up breaking it.

Cam follower was 24 quid delivered from Sere motors and once the fuel pump off this is an easy replace so hoping that will be included in the 45 notes.

I'm hoping they will let me have a nose around as interested to see what the old follower looks like

I am not sure if Monster have the time on Wednesday to tweak the map for me but will see (I'll have to try and twist Neilor Mikes arm) :)

I think now with the updates takes me right to the threshold of stage 1.

I said previously I wouldn't go stage 2 until I was comfortable the car handled properly, for now i'm sticking with that theory!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I got the autotech internals from a group buy on Vagoc.com (guy picking up direct from the USA) for £230 (too good to miss that one!) versus 310 quid best I could get elsewhere (Monster Motorsport)

Monster Motorsport quoted me 45 quid to install as about an hours work. I did read the instructions for doing myself but short on a few of the tools and looked like a bit fiddly and guessed i'd likely to end up breaking it.

Cam follower was 24 quid delivered from Sere motors and once the fuel pump off this is an easy replace so hoping that will be included in the 45 notes.

I'm hoping they will let me have a nose around as interested to see what the old follower looks like

I am not sure if Monster have the time on Wednesday to tweak the map for me but will see (I'll have to try and twist Neilor Mikes arm) :)

I think now with the updates takes me right to the threshold of stage 1.

I said previously I wouldn't go stage 2 until I was comfortable the car handled properly, for now i'm sticking with that theory!

you putting new o ring seals in?
i know Revo have just put a new engine in their K1 because the seals went and fuel and oil mixed and the engine expired :blink:

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Here is the old CAM Follower removed after the car had done 22K miles;

old-follower4.jpg

Showing signs of wear

Didn't get time to have the map tweaked as too later so will report back when re-booked in. Far too wet on way back to notice if any difference

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Here is the old CAM Follower removed after the car had done 22K miles;

old-follower4.jpg

Showing signs of wear

Didn't get time to have the map tweaked as too later so will report back when re-booked in. Far too wet on way back to notice if any difference

would that qualify for a warranty change?
mines back in seat this week , i know shock eh?
missfing on cylinders 3 and 4 and i rekon its fuel related , wonder if my bucket is ok? done 44k now

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
would that qualify for a warranty change?
mines back in seat this week , i know shock eh?
missfing on cylinders 3 and 4 and i rekon its fuel related , wonder if my bucket is ok? done 44k now

Well I understnad it operates in a 'hammer type' action and from what I understand the original followers on some cars are soft.

I am told that is show wear when the black surface starts to wear away.

It should only take them 30 mins max to remove the pump and take the follower out for inspection and iirc it was SEAT that said they were prone to wear.

I was told the new partno has a 'harder' coating,

Again, as with the DV, the car feels a bit keener but that could just be the placebo effect again!

For my own piece of mind I have now changed the two components that people has guided as prone to break or are weak

mouse1989

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Jul 10, 2008
Wokingham/Reading
Great thread Invisible although, i got a red k1 with revo stage 1 map and it produced 290bhp. strange figures. :shrug:

Looking at getting a recirc valve and Induction kit what would you recommend?

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
WALK + MAP Tweak

11 Nov 2010
In with Monster Motorsport today, still can't fault the staff and dedication to go the extra mile to help you out.

After having the Autotech HPFP internals fitted last week and not getting time to set it up (tweak on Dyno) came back today to have this done + for good measure has one of my handling mods installed;

The Whiteline Anti-lift Kit (WALK). I also chose to have the front inner front wishbome bushes upgrade to Powerflex ones too as this is recommeded if fitting the WALK kit;

WALK_Front_Bushes.jpg

WALK
As for how does this feel to drive afterwards these are my early observations albeit pissing down with rain so difficult to give a good review for nwo;

- It felt to me the steering had firmed up a bit and now gives a more positive feedback
- Also I would say feels better in the corners too
- When pushing it you can feel it doing what it is designed to do, resist the lift!
- Very wet so unable to confirm if giving better traction
- I have not felt any additional vibration or negative feel to the car

Points to note it will need re-alignemnt setting done again but I plan to add ARBs and Mounts before getting this reset

Overall I believe a good investment

Dyno run and revo tweak to take account of new Autotech HPFP.

Dyno a stage 1 with ITG and Autotech HPFP
Previously on the same dyno my car just squeezed a few decimals over the 300 bhp mark.

After some tweaking and about 8 or some runs it only made 305 which was less than I expected albeit the graphs were nice and smooth. Car left to cool as suffering heatsoak and a bite to eat in order!

Monsters own Cupra made 322bhp with the same mods so Neil (from Monster) looked at their graph and settings, did a bit of tinkering and the graphs where now consistently running above 310bhp and best run just shy of 315bhp which was more in the region of what I had anticipated. I would have hated to have paid all that money for 4 bhp :cry:

dyno_11_11_10_stg1_ITG_HFFP.jpg

May car has now been on the rollers 3 times at Monster and if you look back through my build thread will see it has always been a little short of the expected numbers (run 225bhp as std and 273 with stage 1, 300 with stage 1 and ITG).

Having had a new CAM follower installed, new HPFP internals and the Rev D DV I was hoping this may have rectified any past potential shortfall in numbers compared to Monsters Cupra.

Don't get me wrong 7bhp difference is an acceptable range in my opinion, it's nice to have a guide to compare against and I do not feel anything is wrong with my car.

However, for peace of mind Neil took my car on a good 1/2 hour run on the road and did some logging. There is a little concern on the air flow readings from the report as they are outside the range revo would expect to see.

Neil has sent these to REVO to see if anything to be concerned about and mentioned possibility of a faulty MAF sensor? (This could result in some loss)

Unfortunately I do not have the reports but will report back in a few days the findings. I've also forgotten what Revo setting it now has!!

Many thanks again to all the staff at Monster Motorsport in Loughborough. They really do go the extra mile to make happy customers and show their true enthusiasm for what they do and what you want for your car :)

Next upgrade(s) on the list

I have these in the garage (THS Performance FR3 Engine Mount set). These are side Engine, gearbox and torque mounts)
THS_FR3_Engine_Mount_Set.jpg

I also plan to add either Whiteline or Eibach front and rear ARBs before getting the geometry reset

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise