Iphone - REV app

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yes, I've got the Kiwi ODBII WiFI dongle and i use Rev occasionally as well as Fuzzycodes too.

Its a good app, does some simple logging and displays various gauges, like speedo/rpm/maf rate/timing/intake temps. It also does check lights and check light reset from the iPhone

It doesn't replace VAGCOM however, the sample rate is a lot slower than it would be over a proper cable.

However its more of a handy portable tool to use without hooking up a laptop, fits in a phone holder or dock and is easily viewed while driving. The drawback is the cost of the wifi dongle which is quite expensive.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Nice one, i've been trawling the net for info about this for ages with out much luck.

Can it clear the codes as well read them? Does it give a decription of the fault or just the code itself?

I'm really interested in getting one because I've got the vag-com for the cupra but i'm kinda stuck for the shogun and this seems like the perfect solution!

Cheers

PalmerMk3

this looks really good like might get it myself when my car is sorted a bit

PalmerMk3

approx £20 fir the app and then from $149 to $300 for the wireless bit to plug into your obd2 port

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
Can you change any of the vehicles coding? Reason I ask, is I would love to be able to turn on and off my remap using my Iphone!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sniffing around the net the other day looking at this to see if i could adapt it as a dash display and/or for the ipad :)

anyone tried Speedport + DashCommand ??

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
Surely if the android phones can do it via Bluetooth then the iPhone will too.and the Bluetooth dongles are only £10 on ebay

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I would hazard a guess that wifi is more universal to phones/laptops/pc's/ipods etc

mind you some of the cheaper cables are down to £60 or so now

Last edited:

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Any new news on this? Just got my Ibiza cupra and no coolant or oil temp gauges so this could be handy but for the price I could buy a scangauge 2.
They look crap so wanted something a bit neater and preferably a bit cheaper than 125 sheets

PRATTY