iPod on aa Formentor?

DC99

Aug 27, 2023
Hi,
As per my intro earlier- I getting a new Formentor 1.4 Hybrid next Thursday.

I asked the dealer salesman if my Ipod Nano will work in the Formentor, he said yes.
But its not that i don't believe him - its just with all the specification available - I thought I'd ask you people if this is possible?
In my last car the SatNav was not activated (an expensive pay for activation was involved). So i had to use Android Auto for my navigation. Which menat I could not use my Ipod at the same time as the phone was connected. And I always use the SatNav so have been without my ipod for the last 2 years.

I previously had a VW Golf & a Tiguan (and after that a c-class Merc - bought second hand and I regret trading this in...) all of which had built in SatNav and my Ipod worked.

SO I hope i can get my Ipod back into use?

Thanks.

DC99

Aug 27, 2023
Wouldnt it need to be via a 3.5mm input jack for that to work? Didn't think the formentors had that. I can check my car tomorrow for a socket.
I don’t think so- plug it in via a usb cable - its the control of it through the heads unit is what i was asking - or is it just not recognised by the infotainment unit?

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
I could be wrong, but I doubt using a usb cable would work. That would allow it to read flat music files like MP3 as if the device is a usb storage device potentially, BUT, apple encrypt the files afaik so that would not work.

Just checked the manual too, it only refers to Apple iPhone, android auto, or usb device with music files.

So I do not think that it would work

DC99

Aug 27, 2023
Hi, Yes I checked the manual (online version as i don’t pick up the car till later in week.). But If the IPhone works there could be a good chance the IPod would work too….I’ll see on Thursday :)

DC99

Aug 27, 2023
Quick update. The Ipod will play - currently connected via BT. However, I can't control the Ipod (7th gen nano - i think).
But at least I have my tunes back :)

Nov 5, 2023
Did you manage to find a solution to this? I've just bought a USB-C to Lightning cable for my ipod nano 7th gen and it is saying device not supported. It works on BT but I need to be able to control the playlists etc through the car really!

DC99

Aug 27, 2023
Hi,
no never managed to get it working except through blue tooth. I did put some of my music onto a small USB drive and it works from that - shows album covers etc - if you have them attached - but its not as easy as the IPod control on my previous cars :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.