Irish Cupra 300 ST 4 Drive

Bailer

May 15, 2018
Good afternoon one and all,

Tomorrow I collect my new Cupra 300 ST 4Drive, and I cannot wait. The Cupra is any guise is a rare enough site here in Ireland and from what I know the one I collect tomorrow is the only one that has been brought in by Seat Ireland, no idea of direct imports, have seen a few ST's mostly FRs but none in Cupra 4Drive guise. Its an ex demo, previously driven very little by the CEO of Seat Ireland. I was on the lookout for a new car, currently running a vRS Octavia Combi and wanted another estate with a bit of GO about it. The obvious contender for me was an Octavia 245 but they are unavailable to order again until August / September due to the addition of a GPF anf the WLTP changes then there was a Golf R estate, which is not imported into Ireland by VW so that was that. Then I discovered the Cupra and was immediately impressed with the power and the look of the car, I have always been aware of the Cupra, had driven a MKII Leon, but wasn't aware it was available as an estate with so few on the roads here.

Its much more dynamic looking than the R or the Octavia, the seats are fantastic and I particularly love the positioning of the Media screen, both in height and angle to the driver, not to mention the amazing digital cockpit. I could only initially test the 2WD Cupra ST as the 4Drive just wasn't available. Due to the cost here compared to the UK I had resigned myself to saving up over the next 8 months for a 2019 car, no nice lease deals available here, its just not a service dealers provide like I see in the UK. Then last Thursday this one became available, I had a test drive and fell in love, the car is immense, it just gos and gos and gos. Spoke to the minister of the interior Thursday afternoon and phoned the garage to buy it immediately. I've been snooping here over the last few months and feel sorry for anyone waiting for a factory order, I've been that soldier before and I think the 16 week wait would kill me.

Car is silver and not the exact spec I would have ordered but beggers cant be choosers, has the pano roof, kessy, digital cockpit, matte black pack, wireless charger and reverse camera.

Previous car history is mainly VAG based, from GTI Golfs, to Passats and the vRS with 3 Alfas mixed in along the way just to reinforce the VAG build quality and general reliability. That's enough from me for now, cant wait to collect the car and hope to become an active contributor over time, although I fell I may be leeching rather than seeding initially, very interested in the likes of OBD Eleven etc to see what can be done.

Regards

Bailer

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Afternoon buddy,

Congrats on the purchase, someone won't be sleeping tonight haha

The 300 ST looks awesome! You'll have to get your posts up so you can post some pictures of your new toy.

I have ODBEleven Pro and must say for my MK2 Leon it's pretty good but with yours you shoudl get much more out of it with a lot more digital stuff. There is a list of modifications you can do in the MK3 thread here.

Get your wallet ready haha

Cheers

Reactions: Bailer

Bailer

May 15, 2018
Afternoon buddy,

Congrats on the purchase, someone won't be sleeping tonight haha

The 300 ST looks awesome! You'll have to get your posts up so you can post some pictures of your new toy.

I have ODBEleven Pro and must say for my MK2 Leon it's pretty good but with yours you shoudl get much more out of it with a lot more digital stuff. There is a list of modifications you can do in the MK3 thread here.

Get your wallet ready haha

Cheers
Thanks, haven't been this excited since I got my first car, many moons ago. Thanks for the link to the OBD Eleven thread. :coolthumb

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the site, check the link in my signature for more OBD stuff.

Reactions: Bailer
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members