Is my radio/infotainment broken ?

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Hi guys approximately few months ago my radio started to make a noise as if it was getting some electricity buzzing. I dont know how to describe it so I have recorded a video. It is some sort of distortion but it can not be explained with any electromagnetic waves as it just happens randomly , not close to any electric wires/poles/anything that would create such a distortion in radio waves, its not happening in my second car and I'm comparing two cars going the same route in similar conditions and since I've bought the car there was no new electric network poles or anything built around my daily commute. It is so bad sometimes that I have switched to listening to internet radio instead as it is just driving me mad. Sometimes its as long as on this video and sometimes it just happens every few seconds.
Any idea what might be causing it ? I know that radiowaves can be distorted but its not beginning of 20th century and I'm driving close to a major city with no problem with reception in my second car. Car is going for a service soon and I want them to look at it within warranty - any suggestions ??

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi guys approximately few months ago my radio started to make a noise as if it was getting some electricity buzzing. I dont know how to describe it so I have recorded a video. It is some sort of distortion but it can not be explained with any electromagnetic waves as it just happens randomly , not close to any electric wires/poles/anything that would create such a distortion in radio waves, its not happening in my second car and I'm comparing two cars going the same route in similar conditions and since I've bought the car there was no new electric network poles or anything built around my daily commute. It is so bad sometimes that I have switched to listening to internet radio instead as it is just driving me mad. Sometimes its as long as on this video and sometimes it just happens every few seconds.
Any idea what might be causing it ? I know that radiowaves can be distorted but its not beginning of 20th century and I'm driving close to a major city with no problem with reception in my second car. Car is going for a service soon and I want them to look at it within warranty - any suggestions ??

hI
It sounds like a lack of signal, and so picking interference from the engine electrics.
Had you done any thing to the car prior to the start of the problem ? but would check the antenna plug in the back of the unit, and it is
connected correctly, the other test get a antenna (beg or borrow) and plug in and see if it makes any diffrence

I am not sure which antenna you have but most today have a amplifier built in and that could have failed

So if a dealer will and can do under warranty great, but if not do some tests on the antenna side.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.