Issue with Touchscreen

Mar 9, 2021
I am having an issue with the touchscreen on my recently delivered Formentor. While the screen will display images correctly it is very reluctant to respond to touch commands, especially anything in the bottom third of the screen. Far from ideal when most of the car is controlled from the touchscreen.

I did take the car back to the supplying dealer, who did reproduce the problem and proceeded to clear all the settings, update the software etc. When this failed they escalated the issue to Seat/Cupra who told them to stop any more work and wait for a software update, with no indication as to how long this will take . This does suggest that this is a known issue, however it was the first one that my dealer had seen with this problem. Anybody with anything similar?

Reactions: NickS68

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
There are some updates due for the Formentor if the last numbers of your car VIN number falls between the range of 0226 to 07184.

My dealer was not aware of the problem until I informed them of it.

Quote “TPI 2062109 (Q-Service Packet /Field Measure 90Q7)” to your dealer.

Mine does and is going in for a day to have the updates Installed. These have to be instaslled at the dealers are they require the Seat Dealer ODIS system.

Check your vin number and see if yours is in the group of numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 9, 2021
Thanks for the comment Maypack, Sadly my car is outside this range, my VIN is above 15,000.
After having my car for a day last week my dealer thinks it is fully up to date.

Apr 3, 2021
Thanks for the comment Maypack, Sadly my car is outside this range, my VIN is above 15,000.
After having my car for a day last week my dealer thinks it is fully up to date.
I took delivery of my V1 on the 12th March, I noticed a problem with the touchscreen freezing and being unresponsive immediately. The car went back on the 15th and has been in the garage ever since, I have now been advised that the touchscreen needs replacing, there are no units available in the UK and I have no ETA on the fix. My dealer has been excellent and have gave me a loan car and I have had to raise issue with Cupra, it is looking likely that I will have to reject the car to get a refund. I’m now thinking that I will not order another Formentor, it’s a real shame as I love the car but I am not too sure I want to take the chance just in case I get another faulty one if there are no parts to repair it. I also have been told that my VIN is not included for the above update.

Cipper

May 8, 2021
I took delivery of my V1 on the 12th March, I noticed a problem with the touchscreen freezing and being unresponsive immediately. The car went back on the 15th and has been in the garage ever since, I have now been advised that the touchscreen needs replacing, there are no units available in the UK and I have no ETA on the fix. My dealer has been excellent and have gave me a loan car and I have had to raise issue with Cupra, it is looking likely that I will have to reject the car to get a refund. I’m now thinking that I will not order another Formentor, it’s a real shame as I love the car but I am not too sure I want to take the chance just in case I get another faulty one if there are no parts to repair it. I also have been told that my VIN is not included for the above update.
Hello,
Do you have any update on this issue? I am in a sort of similar situation with freezing infotainment. My car went back tonthe dealer in less than 24 h..
I am waiting for news tomorrow.

Apr 3, 2021
Hello,
Do you have any update on this issue? I am in a sort of similar situation with freezing infotainment. My car went back tonthe dealer in less than 24 h..
I am waiting for news tomorrow.
Hi, I do have my car back. The replacement screen has worked, I have had the car back for a month with no issues, the screen is working well at the moment. It was confirmed that the screen was faulty, the dealer made sure all the latest updates were applied too. Cupra customer services were very good keeping me up to date with progress. I hope you get the car sorted, they are great cars when working properly. Such a shame so many people are having issues, it cant be doing the Cupra brand any favours.

Reactions: Napmasterflash

Cipper

May 8, 2021
@Rhinoks

Thank you for replying.
Great news. I'm happy things got sorted in the end and I hope for a quick fix on mine as well.
Cheers!

roh33l

Apr 26, 2021
Glad you got it fixed. I ordered my car last week and am concerned about the number of people reporting issues with their screen. Gives me a bit of faith that maybe (just maybe) they've been testing and refining their hardware/software throughout the period so some of these problems may be resolved in the most recent cars coming off the production line.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Glad you got it fixed. I ordered my car last week and am concerned about the number of people reporting issues with their screen. Gives me a bit of faith that maybe (just maybe) they've been testing and refining their hardware/software throughout the period so some of these problems may be resolved in the most recent cars coming off the production line.
I think most new models have teething issues. My dad bought one of the first F Paces when they were launched and had a catalogue of issues around the software that was eventually sorted with updates etc.

Jun 14, 2021
I am having an issue with the touchscreen on my recently delivered Formentor. While the screen will display images correctly it is very reluctant to respond to touch commands, especially anything in the bottom third of the screen. Far from ideal when most of the car is controlled from the touchscreen.

I did take the car back to the supplying dealer, who did reproduce the problem and proceeded to clear all the settings, update the software etc. When this failed they escalated the issue to Seat/Cupra who told them to stop any more work and wait for a software update, with no indication as to how long this will take . This does suggest that this is a known issue, however it was the first one that my dealer had seen with this problem. Anybody with anything similar?
Hi, did you ever get this resolved? i literally had a V2 delivered today, and the touchscreen isn't working, i went through to the cupra livechat service, they told me to try resetting it, which i did, and it solved the problem momentarily, i went out again an hour or so later and the whole thing is dead to the touch. The heating & volume sliders work ok but the touchscreen does not. not a great start

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Hi, did you ever get this resolved? i literally had a V2 delivered today, and the touchscreen isn't working, i went through to the cupra livechat service, they told me to try resetting it, which i did, and it solved the problem momentarily, i went out again an hour or so later and the whole thing is dead to the touch. The heating & volume sliders work ok but the touchscreen does not. not a great start
Is this a brand new car?

Jun 14, 2021
yes, a brand new lease vehicle, delivered today, and was only built in the last few weeks. Guy from the leasing co said it was working when he drove it to my house, then it was playing up a bit when he showed me round it but it was partially operational. im fuming to be honest.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
yes, a brand new lease vehicle, delivered today, and was only built in the last few weeks. Guy from the leasing co said it was working when he drove it to my house, then it was playing up a bit when he showed me round it but it was partially operational. im fuming to be honest.
😳😳 I’ve got a VZ2 coming in the next few weeks, so this is pretty disappointing news. (And for you also🤣🤣).
I hope you get some better assistance than just reboot it, definitely not what you expect from a brand new vehicle. Was it a factory order or a car that was in stock?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
yes, im gonna call the lease co tomorrow, and i guess have to take it to the nearest dealership..:rolleyes:

Don’t expect an instant fix. Sorry to be negative but there are issues with the infotainment system since the car was launched which still haven’t been sorted.

Just make sure you keep a list of all and any faults/problems you encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 14, 2021
will do, after several resets (holding on/off button down until it reboots) still no joy, its booked in with cupra dealer now, they're obviously aware of it, i spoke to 3 separate businesses earlier and they all said literally the same exact phrase "oh its probably just a software upgrade required"

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
It makes me wonder whether there are firmware engineers currently working on these issues and it’s just a long drawn out test and QA process before they can be released, or whether our feedback falls on deaf ears...

Last edited:

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
What's the version of hardware on latest units. If it can be checked of course, when screen reacts to anything.

I don't understand how it goes ok through quality checks at factory and then PDI.

May 1, 2021

May 1, 2021
It is a known problem. Your car should be running v1803 software if it isn't ask the dealer to sort this for you with an upgrade. My Car was running v1790 and was a pain in the a*se. Cupra will have to authorise this as it will take approx 5 hours to install. Found that SEAT Technician's are not really up to speed yet with the Cupra's sophisticated infotainment system. I emailed Cupra uk and had a case manager assigned to me and she sorted it out with the dealership. Hth