It's here, at last!! But...

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
Only a minor but... the car looks great, drives great and I'm really pleased with it BUT shouldn't the engine have a plastic cover on it like the old one with the Seat logo on? I popped the bonnet just to have a look and was surprised to find the engine exposed with an assortment of unused clips where I assume it's meant to attach to?

The car is a new Stylance TDI DSG.

Cheers

Rob

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
Really? How bizarre, I thought all cars had engine covers on, would have thought it would help for soundproofing. Wonder if it could be retro fitted for this purpose.

Rob

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Glad you're pleased with the car after the wait Rob (apart from the missing engine cover..)

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the suspension/ride quality after you've done a few miles in the car, compared to your old ride..:think:

Don't forget to post some pics up when you get a chance, and time to update your avy photo...:D

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
Hey Phil

Well after a good old roadtrip to Norfolk yesterday, I can report that I am very pleased with the car. That gearbox is just a thing of beauty. Compared to the old FR, yeah I do find the ride much more relaxing, but not too wallowy like some people say that make the transition from sports suspension equipped cars to the 'normal' ones. It is still a fairly firm ride I would say, but in conjunction with the leather and the DSG I was much less tired at the end of five hours' driving than I think I would have been with my old car. Although I didn't find myself as invited or egged-on to throw it into corners, as it's more of a... grown up sort of fellow, I found it perfectly sharp and as precise as I needed it for every day use.

About the only issues I would say are that yellow really does attract the bugs, I assume they are trying to make love to it or think it's the world's biggest flower for pollination, the stereo is a bit pants (but not as dire as I thought) and the Nokia N95 is a heap of junk of a phone (for use in a Bluetooth environment anyway - random disconnections, no phonebook, a worrying buzzing noise occasionally when making calls, quiet signal). Oh and the Bluetooth woman can't tell the difference between 'one' and 'four' if you try and use it on the move. :p

Will get some pics done when the weather clears up!

Rob

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Hi Rob.

Totally agree on the DSG box...:drool:
The only 'problem' being that until other manufacturers come up with something as good, it will limit my choice of future cars to VAG models as I don't think I could buy a car without one now...:rolleyes:

You've confirmed my own findings on the difference in ride quality between the Stylance and FR. The firmness of the standard Stylance obviously helps its sharp, positive cornering, and although it is not quite as 'chuckable' or entertaining through twisty corners as the FR its not as fidgety either and as you say lets you relax more.

Nice choice on the leather but not sure on yellow myself, mind you looks like the bugs like it...:whistle:
The air gets blue in our car when trying to give voice commands sometimes...don't think she likes my accent tbh...:rolleyes:

Look forward to the pics...

Phil.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.