Jamex coilovers

Cupraloon

I haven't had any experience of the Coilovers Jamex do, but I did have fitted one of their damper/ spring kits to a 205 GTi some years ago, after a magazine testiment to them and the car handled like a wounded hippo, worse than standard and it suffered terrible oversteer, even on moderatly fast corners and the ride was dreadful, had them taken off about 3 weeks later and a Spax kit fitted, which totally transformed the car into the proper go cart, it should have been.

If that's anything to go by personally I'd steer well clear of Jamex kit. it's :w4nk: (thats just my opinion of course)

I'm also in the new suspension market and having read all the reports I'm going for Koni FSD's with Eibach springs, on my LC.

Hope this helps, you from making the same £££'s mistake i did.

Cheers Jez

Last edited by a moderator:

JAY DE

Work in progress....
Apr 4, 2007
Sunny Essex
I haven't had any experience of the Coilovers Jamex do, but I did have fitted one of their damper/ spring kits to a 205 GTi some years ago, after a magazine testiment to them and the car handled like a wounded hippo, worse than standard and it suffered terrible oversteer, even on moderatly fast corners and the ride was dreadful, had them taken off about 3 weeks later and a Spax kit fitted, which totally transformed the car into the proper go cart, it should have been.

If that's anything to go by personally I'd steer well clear of Jamex kit. it's :w4nk: (thats just my opinion of course)

I'm also in the new suspension market and having read all the reports I'm going for Koni FSD's with Eibach springs, on my LC.

Hope this helps, you from making the same £££'s mistake i did.

Cheers Jez

I like you description of the way it handled 'wounded hippo' :D I think i will stay clear off them, i haven't heard great things tbh.. i think i will go for the gaz coilovers instead.. ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.