Just bought Bammer TDI - few questions

Scoop940

OK, just bought a 2003 Bammer TDI 115PD from a Seat dealer.

Couple of things,

Since viewing the car the pull over cover has vanished - didn't notice until I got home [:@] so will be calling in the morning..

So much for 102 point inspection, steering wheel is off centre and wheels need balancing - well done on the road test then.. something else for the call in the morning..

Also, car comes with the next due service done, my question if anyone knows for sure, what is the cambelt interval? Car has done 34k and is 4 years old, service was due at 39k - should they have done the cambelt?

Cheers for any info, kids love the new wagon like nothing else!!:funk:

Scott

yorkie 13

hi, i bought my bammer tdi from seat york and it had 49k showing on speedo, it had cambelt changed at 40k by them, you should go back and ask them to change it, probably they thought they would save themselves some money!!!!

Scoop940

Service interval for PD now down to 40k - I suspect that's a very cautious approach though. I thought it was 60k hance not insisting it was done as part of negotiations.

Dealer is adamant he is not doing it, my only chance is if seat UK will state in writing that it's 40k or 4 years ( Service book is pretty grey on timings ) If so they will get made to change it as it was over 4 years old

Happy with it otherwise though!, My run to work this morning 55mpg :funk:

Scott

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.