just needing advice :)

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
well as the title states.. im just after some advice really..

im still looking out for a cupra.. and i dont think that any more i want anything other than the facelift model. however if there is a nice standard model pre facelift that is the right price id take it..

anyway.. my question is.. is there alot of place to buy just the facelift or cupra r bumpers skirts etc.. and are the a good fit? ive been looking around on this page and the net but cant find so many places with all the bumpers..

so!.. any help wud be muchly appreciated. thanks all :)

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
You can buy real ones from a dealer, or they occasionally pop up on ebay - they are a perfect fit.

There are also some replica cupra R ones on ebay regularly, but I haven't seen them in the flesh so I can't comment.

You should budget anything up to 800 quid (maybe more) to get them new and get them painted, fitting them is a fairly easy DIY job.

So, if you look for a high millage pre-facelift model you might save a few quid over an already face lifted model. And you've always got the option of upgrading bit by bit. For example, I got the front bumper cheap because I was in the right place at the right time, and it was already the correct colour. Then I waited for a while before doing the other bits.

You should also be able to pick up a pre-facelift slightly cheaper because they aren't quite as desirable.

I doubt you'd see your money back if you were to face lift and then sell on, but I'm assuming that's not your point.

IMHO the face lift ones look a million times better, other people prefer the understated look of the older models.

What I can say for sure though is that it's good fun bolting on the new bits and standing back to admire your handy work.

Good luck!

(Check the For Sale section on here - you'll get a well loved car for sensible money)

Edit: Also worth phoning round some local body shops - I know that some of the mech's will remove a damaged bumper from a car which is in for repair, fix the damaged one, paint it and sell it on at a reasonable cost.

Last edited:

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
alright mate. thanks for the info :).. im not lookin to sell on as u say..

as for the respraying my dads m8 sprays for bentley.. so he usualy does me some jobs spraying at a good price like.

i was lookin at an 01 cupra with 43k on the clock and was only around 4.5k so.. i think with the money id save from buying a facelift model i cud get the bumpers n skirts done and some nice alloys too... plus as u say its nice to see what you have done.. hehe.

when you said about getting from a dealer do you mean a website such as GX design, or an actual SEAT dealer.?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
alright mate. thanks for the info :).. im not lookin to sell on as u say..

as for the respraying my dads m8 sprays for bentley.. so he usualy does me some jobs spraying at a good price like.

i was lookin at an 01 cupra with 43k on the clock and was only around 4.5k so.. i think with the money id save from buying a facelift model i cud get the bumpers n skirts done and some nice alloys too... plus as u say its nice to see what you have done.. hehe.

when you said about getting from a dealer do you mean a website such as GX design, or an actual SEAT dealer.?

Buy from a Seat dealer. There's a few connected with the forum that will give you discount.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members