Just ordered Leon Cupra 290 Lux

Apr 13, 2019
Afternoon all. Ordered my 290 Lux last week in Mediterranean Blue. Waiting on the dealer to give me a lead time!

Currently own a Mazda 3 MPS I’ve had for four years running at 310bhp. It has been very reliable but my wife doesn’t really want to drive it so I’ve gone for something a little more comfortable but that ticks the boxes I want also.

I don’t want to void the warranty so won’t be tuning this unless JB4 is undetectable by dealer, does anyone know?

Thanks for reading and I’m sure I’ll have some already asked questions for you all forthcoming!!

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Afternoon all. Ordered my 290 Lux last week in Mediterranean Blue. Waiting on the dealer to give me a lead time!

Currently own a Mazda 3 MPS I’ve had for four years running at 310bhp. It has been very reliable but my wife doesn’t really want to drive it so I’ve gone for something a little more comfortable but that ticks the boxes I want also.

I don’t want to void the warranty so won’t be tuning this unless JB4 is undetectable by dealer, does anyone know?

Thanks for reading and I’m sure I’ll have some already asked questions for you all forthcoming!!

I’ve had an Ibiza in Mediterranean Blue and in the configuration it looks great. I didn’t like it in the flesh as it was too flat. Have you seen one in the flesh?

My wife’s driven Leon’s for over 8 years and she won’t drive my Cupra 300 at all. She says the power scares her. Hope you missus is ok as the power can be brutal.

As far as I know the JB4 is detectable as it leaves a marker that Seat can read. Might be worth discussing with your local dealer as some are ok with it and some aren’t.

Reactions: autech
Apr 13, 2019
I’ve had an Ibiza in Mediterranean Blue and in the configuration it looks great. I didn’t like it in the flesh as it was too flat. Have you seen one in the flesh?

My wife’s driven Leon’s for over 8 years and she won’t drive my Cupra 300 at all. She says the power scares her. Hope you missus is ok as the power can be brutal.

As far as I know the JB4 is detectable as it leaves a marker that Seat can read. Might be worth discussing with your local dealer as some are ok with it and some aren’t.

Yeh, I’ve seen one in the flesh and do like the colour.

Thanks for the JB4 info, I’m going to pop into the service department of local Seat to chat with them, see what they say. I think in standard form it’ll be quick enough anyway!

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Yeh, I’ve seen one in the flesh and do like the colour.

Thanks for the JB4 info, I’m going to pop into the service department of local Seat to chat with them, see what they say. I think in standard form it’ll be quick enough anyway!

It is quick enough to be honest. I’ve come from an 150FR Petrol to my Cupra 300 and I love it. Keep looking at Stage 1 and keep saying bah, don’t need it. Mind you if Seat make the ABT module from the Cupra R ST available with Seat Warranty then I will be sorely tempted.

Reactions: autech
Apr 13, 2019
It is quick enough to be honest. I’ve come from an 150FR Petrol to my Cupra 300 and I love it. Keep looking at Stage 1 and keep saying bah, don’t need it. Mind you if Seat make the ABT module from the Cupra R ST available with Seat Warranty then I will be sorely tempted.

Yes been hoping that the ABT upgrade will get a bigger release.

Reactions: Maypack
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.