just ordered my new toy

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Golf GTI with performance pack in white, Sat nav, Acc and some sound system but mostly getting it for the engine, 3 months can't go quick enough.

Just thought I'd let you all know I'll be jumping ship in a few months, really enjoyed my time with my Leons and have great respect for devil fueled cars as a result but after 6 years it's time for a bit of noise :D

Last edited:

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Sounds excellent, a very good choice!

I've been tempted by the Mk7 GTI too but am at least another year away financially.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Sounds very nice!

Personally I prefer the mk6 to mk7, but I also prefer the mk5 to the mk6! I think VAG made the A3, Leon and Golf look very similar in their latest offering, which just seems lazy. They used to look so much better than the current range.

FRT

Golf GTI with performance pack in white, Sat nav, Acc and some sound system but mostly getting it for the engine, 3 months can't go quick enough.

Just thought I'd let you all know I'll be jumping ship in a few months, really enjoyed my time with my Leons and have great respect for devil fueled cars as a result but after 6 years it's time for a bit of noise :D

Good choice mate, the new GTi looks the business in white... [B)]

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
http://
DSC_0005_zps5207fd2b.jpg

http://
DSC_0003_zps5f0a172b.jpg

Took one for a test drive, no acc and wrong colour but still put a smile on my face

Jun 15, 2013
Think it needs a remap though it's not very punchy low down

Why on earth would you want to spend over £25000 on a new Golf that has been developed at huge expense by one of the largest car manufacturing companies in the world and then let a bloke in a shed with a laptop mess with it.

How on earth can he do a better job than VW. If he could don't you honestly think he would be working for a major manufacturer saving them thousands on R & D costs.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Why on earth would you want to spend over £25000 on a new Golf that has been developed at huge expense by one of the largest car manufacturing companies in the world and then let a bloke in a shed with a laptop mess with it.

How on earth can he do a better job than VW. If he could don't you honestly think he would be working for a major manufacturer saving them thousands on R & D costs.

Agree with this! I'd be surprised if it couldn't destroy an old 170 TDI on the road.

Anyway the new leon cupra is due out soon and should offer even more power :)

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton

That's like saying why would you I buy a Milltek after VW spent hours developing theirs? I would always remap my car whatever it is, and so would 95% of people on here

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Agree with this! I'd be surprised if it couldn't destroy an old 170 TDI on the road.

Anyway the new leon cupra is due out soon and should offer even more power :)

Oh I'm not denying that it wouldn't kill my current car, but just the way the torque is delivered on mine its just a different style of driving and I'd miss it

Jun 15, 2013
Oh I'm not denying that it wouldn't kill my current car, but just the way the torque is delivered on mine its just a different style of driving and I'd miss it

If you like the way the diesel drives the obvious solution is to buy a diesel. There is no way a petrol will ever drive like a diesel and why would anyone want one to.

After years of driving diesels I have recently swapped my 143PS BMW 118D for a new Leon TSI 140. It drives very differently but is much quicker with no turbo lag whatsoever. Overtaking is very easy plus you don't run out of revs at unfortunate moments like a diesel can.

The Golf with over 200 PS must be sensational otherwise it is going to be a very expensive white elephant.

As I said its simply crazy expecting a bloke in a shed to better what VW can do.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
If you like the way the diesel drives the obvious solution is to buy a diesel. There is no way a petrol will ever drive like a diesel and why would anyone want one to.

After years of driving diesels I have recently swapped my 143PS BMW 118D for a new Leon TSI 140. It drives very differently but is much quicker with no turbo lag whatsoever. Overtaking is very easy plus you don't run out of revs at unfortunate moments like a diesel can.

The Golf with over 200 PS must be sensational otherwise it is going to be a very expensive white elephant.

As I said its simply crazy expecting a bloke in a shed to better what VW can do.

I'm pretty confident that APR and revo wouldn't be where they are today if they didn't no what they were doing. Plus I've had my Leon at stage 2 for the last 3 years and 70k and it hasn't missed a beat once so I am fairly happy shark knows what he is doing too. I understand what you are implying but Vw have made a car to suit a certain demographic and to a budget, I am simply asking more from a very capable machine.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

This post did make me laugh
All cars sold are set as an average for fuel grade and weather conditions , living in the uk we are fortunate that we have good ish weather and excellent fuel , which means a remap is a positive thing for us.
It will also give us better mpg

And also makes the driving and owning experience a lot better.
That's why.

Jun 15, 2013
All cars sold are set as an average for fuel grade and weather conditions.

Indeed they are but modern cars with lambda control self learn and fine tune the map to suit local conditions, driver style and variances in the engine.

Of the new cars that I have bought 3 were absolute shite initially but after a couple of days were fine.

And forget the mpg argument, it never works out.

If you want a more powerful car don't pretend the bloke with a laptop can save you money, save your own money and buy a better car in the first place that has the performance you want.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.