k03 hybrid, is this company any good?

COBBERS

power to weight ratio ;)
May 8, 2011
yorkshire
If I decide to go ahead, ill be going for the K04 internals in my old K03 (which I still have in my garage) and ill be paying £648 that's all the work on the turbo done and sent back to me inc tax. Iv not done any research on a hybrid plus, don't know anything about it to be honest mate

COBBERS

power to weight ratio ;)
May 8, 2011
yorkshire
Yea iv got a better clutch and all that, my mission is to do the mod under, or as close to 1000 pound as possible...we'll see

It's not what ya know it's who ya no lol

Labour for fitting ain't a problem A I'll fit it, Being in the right place at the right time helps too, I got offered rods brand new for 280 but just havent got the cash this month

Remap it's the only thing I'll have to pay full whack for, helps being in the job I'm in lol aswell I'm in no rush to it so I'll only buy when the price is right.

Maybe in at revo for stage to map just to pick the power up a bit for a while.

COBBERS

power to weight ratio ;)
May 8, 2011
yorkshire
Iv got full stage2, so just need the extras that the turbo depends on...where are you getting rods from at that price fella? That's really good!!!

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
Rods -360
Turbo- 800
Lcr injectors - 100
Lcr maf -100
Map- 500
Tip -100
Jetex filter-70
Bottom end bearings- 220
Head gasket - 180
Bottom end rubber gaskets 180

Also you will need to make a hybrid work to its full potential
Clutch
Larger that 2.5inch downpipe
High flow manifold
Large Intercooler custom! forge one is no good
This is my input from the Ups and downs of my hybrid build
Note mine is none Wmi and currently flowing 282bhp and 346ft/lb from up to date logs with full 3inch tip made a huge difference

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Rods -360
Turbo- 800
Lcr injectors - 100
Lcr maf -100
Map- 500
Tip -100
Jetex filter-70
Bottom end bearings- 220
Head gasket - 180
Bottom end rubber gaskets 180

Also you will need to make a hybrid work to its full potential
Clutch
Larger that 2.5inch downpipe
High flow manifold
Large Intercooler custom! forge one is no good
This is my input from the Ups and downs of my hybrid build
Note mine is none Wmi and currently flowing 282bhp and 346ft/lb from up to date logs with full 3inch tip made a huge difference

That will give you a light, quick little car!:D

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
I had it stripped down to one seat track car but was too noisy
It's not my daily just a weekend toy really does shift ignoring dyno numbers works really well on the road :)

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
Ye I wish mine wasn't a daily, I am looking into getting a cheap runabout cos I do 300-400 miles aweek and after doing that for 2 years and the price of fuel it's getting abit silly. does stripping them out make a good difference??

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
Getting a daily is the best thing I ever did saved so much money doing 200 miles a week here
As for stripping them it's does make a difference but in my opinion either do everything and cage it track car or don't bother. The road noise is really really annoying.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.