Yet another MIB2 retrofit thread…

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Hello.

Today I performed the MIB1 TO MIB2 (std.) retrofit (ebay) with USB (Aliexpress) switch, along with coding, toolbox and updated maps. As you would. It was generally successful. A few things I note and may answer questions for others in the future:

* Yes, you can update the unit before dealing with CP.
* Don’t play with anything other (unless you need the FEC) as it may (did) cause complications.
* The toolbox ‘allow both nav systems’ stopped carplay from displaying (correctly), got black screen when initially testing carplay.
* Sound not as full from carplay? Does not seem to have the same bass weight?
* Had to fish the green quadlock bit for the usb through a couple of wires. It did fit through without breaking them, barely.
* Was cutting the quadlock wire bundle tape when I realised I could just leave the old cable there instead.
* My coding was already configured for the usb connection replacement (because AMI?).

Hoping there is some advise on the below, please:

* In toolbox there is a ‘generate EL’ is this where FECs are added or is this something other?
* Another, ‘accept any metainfo2.txt’. The clue is in the name ;) but, what is this for?
* I have removed the requirement for the OEM (map) SD cards and run my V18 maps from a 128GB card in SD2 slot with toolbox on the (V3) maps SD in slot SD1. Is this dumb for some reason?
* Where it is suggested ESC Sport can be enabled (byte 29) it was blank, I guess I was tired and looking in the wrong place but it seemed to be blank. I’m expecting to see ’05’ set. Should that be the case?

Thanks.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise