Keep losing wheel nut covers

Scotty76

Feb 4, 2020
So far I've lost 6 in approx 300 miles. After the first one disappeared I check them regularly but they are still going missing. I read some threads on a manufacturing issue and them not being tight enough. They are not being stolen before you ask. Anyone else had this trouble?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
A little strip of electrical tape around the inside..(y)
I did this on a previous VW I owned after losing a couple of wheel bolt caps in quick succession. Never lost any more after that. Quick, easy and cheap to do, and effective too.

Deleted member 120738

The generic sets from ebay seem to stay put better than the genuine ones
Bought ones from ebay for my old Saab 9-5 - never had a problem with them falling off - the only problems I had were tyre fitters who took them off with ordinary pliers instead of the proper ones and damaged them....

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Bought ones from ebay for my old Saab 9-5 - never had a problem with them falling off - the only problems I had were tyre fitters who took them off with ordinary pliers instead of the proper ones and damaged them....
I always remove mine before I take may car to a tyre fitting place; eliminates the risk of them getting damaged through the use of the incorrect removal tool being used, or the tyre fitter forgetting to refit them.