Keeping my tires "new black"

DylanE

May 15, 2009
Hey guys, did a quick search and couldn't find anything specific enough, My tires are basically turning "Grey"? If that makes sense, After I give it a good clean they look lovely all black and shiny. But after it has dried it goes back to its old state. Do you know of a way of keeping them looking new without buying new tires?
I saw a thing at home bargains which claimed to keep your tires black, but i didnt buy it, maybe i should?
Any ideas guys?

thx xx

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
There are a few products out there that turn the tyres backs to the black.

Search on the usual websites for the products that can do this. I cant remember for the life of me what i use.

Be aware though some tyre dressings make them look shiney which i dont like

Someone will be along possibley to recommend a specific product.

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
plus 4 - great stuff and depending on your preference can give a finish from dull black to shiney black.
When I bought it I thought it was a little expensive but it lasts for ages and you dont need much on the applicator. I use a pan sponge which i keep in a sandwich bag between applications

Adamricko

MK3 1.4.cool/s
Jun 23, 2009
Manchester
I got a turtle wax set awhile ago and came with some tyre spray. Looks good but cant vouch for how long it lasts as ive only just used it :ban:

Very quick to apply though:lol:

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
Use this aswell. Can't knock it.

i also use this, its top stuff and smells good enough to eat too,

its easier to apply if you have a tyre applicator sponge then saves you using a rag and it dripping everywhere

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.