knocking noise in the rear

imtsheikh

Sep 5, 2015
Hi All,

Recently, I have been hearing knocking noise coming from the rear of the car. And it is increasing over time. It can be heard very clearly when driving over rough roads "and sometimes when driving over speed bump".

At the same time my "since refuel" meter has reset by its own a couple of time. it happens after driving around 100-150 KM after refueling.

This makes me suspect that there is something wrong "loose" in the fuel tank.

Any other suggestion?
And if want to remove the rear seats to check the tank, how can i do that?

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
The noise might not be related to the refuelling reset. I've had a few VAG vehicles and one fairly common source of rear end knocking is the rear shock absorber debris covers. They cover the shock absorber to prevent water and crud getting into the piston and attach to the bump stop at the top of the wheel arch.
They can come loose, the result is a dull knock when going over bumps. Easy to check, look behind the rear wheel, if you can see the damper's shiney piston rod then they've slipped off.

sorry, but what does calais mean?
A point of boarding for illegal immigrants wishing to come to the UK. They have been found hiding in vehicles, hence the amusing reference to that being the source of your knocking noise.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.