Lane assist off

swerver

Aug 18, 2003
scotland
Visit site
How do you turn off lane assistance in the Tarraco to stop it coming back on after the ignition is turned off??
I don't like it and everytime I turn it off in the menu it reactivate's once the engine has been turned off and back on again.

Cheers.

Tell

Staff member
The Ateca you turn off via the steering wheel buttons on the check marks shown on the front screen, not the infotainment screen. Driver assistance. Then it branches out. Cut and paste from the Ateca manual. You keep toggle threw navigation on the front screen, keep going till driver assistance etc.

ACC (adaptive cruise control) Activation and deactivation: default distance level, driving profiles. ››› page 283
Front Assist (emergency brak-
ing assistance system)
Activation and deactivation: Front Assist, advance warning, distance warning dis-
play
››› page 279
Lane Assist (system warning
you if you leave the lane) Activation and deactivation of lane departure warning, adaptive lane guidance ››› page 292
Detection of traffic signs Display on the instrument panel, activation and deactivation of the speed warn-
ing ››› page 114
Trailer Trailer recognition (display of traffic signs for vehicles with trailer), use to calcu-
late the route, maximum speed for trailer ››› page 329
Fatigue detection Activation and deactivation ››› page 112

I keep mine off. Sure it's the same. Ignore page numbers. Search under driver assistance in the manual for more info.

Tell

Staff member
It stays permanently turned off on mine. The toggles are there but never resets itself back to on when the ignition is turned on or off. I have the navigation screen up so I never see that screen in any case unless I move over to it or fumble the buttons by accident when turning etc. I can't think that in the Tarraco they would introduce a default setting of setting it back to on at ignition.

If it doesn't tell you about it in the manual then it will be a bit of VCDS programming to alter the behaviour. May be there is a setting to do that. Month of Sunday's with the appropriate VCDS tool of your choice and skill base.

Is anybody else finding this ?. Is it a new feature or just your car that defaults to the toggle on ?.

You can program Traffic Speed Recognition (TSR) on for budding VCDS people. That's on the Ateca thread VCDS and Obdeleven. Mine was factory fitted but Seat and VW regard it as an extra... I got all the bells on whistles on my Ateca that aren't sold by Seat now as part of cost cutting with the exchange rate. They sell the cars on a keep it simple stupid basis now (why I decided to stay with my launch Ateca with all the toppings than the Tarraco that had them not sold in the UK). Cars with Lane Assist can have this feature turned on since it uses the same camera and the functionality is built into that system. Turning on via VCDS tools produces a new infotainment front menu and you enable and configure the cameras functionality system. Shows you the road speed on the front panel, the dynamic speed read from road signs and will beep if you exceed. Certainly this featured has been programmed on by Ateca people who didn't buy the option or the option wasn't available to be bought. It was in the safety bundles that you could buy at launch of the Ateca. I guess some Tarraco owners may have had that on previous cars they had. Google of German and Spanish Tarraco boards may show people giving the instructions or those with the skill base roll up their sleeves and do it. Obviously VAG at some stage could alter the systems to remove this latent functionality but it was present in the systems after they stopped selling it. Did the Google and yes that can be turned on... budding Tarraco owners are doing it. That's the only feature that I use which is part of lane assist :). Very useful.

See post 65

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-4

&

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/tsr-xcellence-lux.447779/

I see it's also on an English language Tarraco thread by some else I helped in the past with their Ateca on Lane Assist where it swerved between white lines :). Seat in their wisdom decided that in Ireland white lines were not the same as UK ones so didnt offer the correction menu we got. I gave him the UK settings so he actioned them in Obdeleven making it into a UK car with Lane Assist :). Post 12 on the Ateca thread.

Last edited:

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
Cheers but I meant permanently. I know how to do it in the menu but the garage said you can't permanently switch it off due to it being an EU thing!
Old thread resurrection alert, you need OBD as the default setting in the Tarraco is to reset the Lane Assist state after every start (whereas with the Ateca it is the opposite, go figure).

I submitted recently a One-Click app request that was accepted and it has recently appeared in the Apps section (Lane Assist Setting Memory, 10 credits) so you don't need Pro.

If you have Pro then the coding is:

Control Unit A5 - Driver Assistance
Select Long coding
Select setting Perso_HC
Change Activated to Last_setting

Reactions: Tell

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
Face lift and VCDS may be the stumbling block.

FL or not ?.
OP's first post was Feb 2020 so no SFD to worry about, he can source an OBD11 device from £40 or so and do the mod with the included first credits.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Oh yes, so they must have started their campaign of defaulting lane assist to on even before the 2020 model range came out on some models. They win points on safety testing the story goes, ditto undertaking.

I see Googling your code it comes up on the Kamiq. Not sure whether Lane Assist module is locked down on the 2020 models.... reading this thread it isn't.

So it would appear it can be turned on or off to save the last setting whether FL 2020 or not. May be hope for Leon 4 owners.

The Kamiq thread alludes to a technique to get round the error the guy reported on the one above but subsequently got past it.

Bonnet up I reckon reading other threads and 20103 for the security code if doing it with the Pro and the face lifted model.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.