Latest Mib2 Standard Maps Novemer 2021 Are Here

Tell

Staff member
Follow the link. Only for pre facelifted models.

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
Follow the link. Only for pre facelifted models.

Tell.I know this is a bit late but I had mapcare installed by East Yorkshire retrofits some time ago and now updating is a breeze - no more errors and no need to overwrite the overall.nds file. A win win situation

Tell

Staff member
Tell.I know this is a bit late but I had mapcare installed by East Yorkshire retrofits some time ago and now updating is a breeze - no more errors and no need to overwrite the overall.nds file. A win win situation
I know but that "error" is just a Vag generated flag to say things have been moved around. 1000s of people that do the workaround across the world are driving around with that flag set. Dealers ignore that message so no big deal.

You can get your navigation FeC on the standard system adjusted by retrofitters or hack it yourself. I haven't tried on the standard unit.

For the mib2 high the only way to get maps updated once out of Mapcare is to get that adjusted which is hacking the software in the unit. That's what retrofitters are doing or you can use the Mib Tool for the high to do that yourself. For the mib2 standard unit, the map SD card is like a record it doesn't break the unit to play a different record which has been changed but leaves a mark that it's been changed.

That YouTube video I posted up some months ago is the standard version of the Mib Tool kit written by a different author of the Mib Tool high version. That is suppose to clear the error generated and also adjusts the navigation standard FeCs. That mods your firmware.

So the choice is you either

-don't update the maps,
-update the maps but trigger that error report that dealers ignore,
-get your firmware modded by a retrofitter or research that standard toolkit although if you do that yourself some risks of messing up your firmware.

I chose to go with the option of leaving the error on the standard unit (not my car so hacking didn't want to do). On my high unit I have mib tools installed which gives you DIY retrofitter solutions in the car rather than on the bench. I did get help with setting that up by the "mib collective" as I call them, a group of not for profit hobbyists that take offense of their work being nicked by retrofitters. That also removes the more difficult SVM error to get rid of, no Hex calculation etc.

jonial

Jonial
Nov 1, 2003
Garstang
www.g4ial.com
I know but that "error" is just a Vag generated flag to say things have been moved around. 1000s of people that do the workaround across the world are driving around with that flag set. Dealers ignore that message so no big deal.

You can get your navigation FeC on the standard system adjusted by retrofitters or hack it yourself. I haven't tried on the standard unit.

For the mib2 high the only way to get maps updated once out of Mapcare is to get that adjusted which is hacking the software in the unit. That's what retrofitters are doing or you can use the Mib Tool for the high to do that yourself. For the mib2 standard unit, the map SD card is like a record it doesn't break the unit to play a different record which has been changed but leaves a mark that it's been changed.

That YouTube video I posted up some months ago is the standard version of the Mib Tool kit written by a different author of the Mib Tool high version. That is suppose to clear the error generated and also adjusts the navigation standard FeCs. That mods your firmware.

So the choice is you either

-don't update the maps,
-update the maps but trigger that error report that dealers ignore,
-get your firmware modded by a retrofitter or research that standard toolkit although if you do that yourself some risks of messing up your firmware.

I chose to go with the option of leaving the error on the standard unit (not my car so hacking didn't want to do). On my high unit I have mib tools installed which gives you DIY retrofitter solutions in the car rather than on the bench. I did get help with setting that up by the "mib collective" as I call them, a group of not for profit hobbyists that take offense of their work being nicked by retrofitters. That also removes the more difficult SVM error to get rid of, no Hex calculation etc.
Thanks for the reply but I decided i was too long in the tooth to dive into the mib toolkit hence money changed hands and I am a happy old bunny !!!

Tell

Staff member
Thanks for the reply but I decided i was too long in the tooth to dive into the mib toolkit hence money changed hands and I am a happy old bunny !!!
I'd prefer that the more technical people on the software thread had a go at the standard version of Mib Tool but no takers yet 😉. When I did look at it it only went to the 4xx firmware which is old, 5xx is more recent.