LC overheating- just a quickie.. search already done!!

Shings

RIght..

Tootling along and the warning sound for low petrol goes off - look down and a lovely red flashing light and high temp.
[:@]

So I pulled over at a garage.. and first thing I thought was that the water wasn't pumping round..( HMMMMMM ) fans were on so that was fine.. so immediatly I thought great headgasket.

So I've driven it home SLOW as hell like.. fans on in the car.. about 50 miles and no more than 40mph - coasting as much as poss to keep temps down and not labour the engine.

Got home and checked again- still cant see the water getting murky and the oil seemed good.. doesn't seem to be too hot either.

Had a little search on here and it seems water pump problems are common..

SO...

Simply its going back to the garage I got it from tomorrow- I just wanna know how long its likely to last with the pump fubar'd on it.

Also- are there any other things I am likely to notice to confirm my theory?

Jake

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
depending how broken it is you may be able to drive it gently. let it cool if it hits 120 as you could warp stuff. and only to a garage

when mine went it was fine at idle... crept up as soon as i was moving though.

is it ok at idle?

you also want to make sure its the new improved metal impellor version, if it is the pump.

Shings

At Idle on my drive it seemed to be fine and sat at 90... and if I dont labour the engine with the heaters on full it seems a bit up and downy..

What I am really concerned about is the H/G going.

Jake

alex_cupra

i'd personally not drive it further than your nearest garage mate.

had mine towed home when it went the other week. costs enough to fix just the pump, you don't want to be paying out for further (preventable) damage do you.