Leather seats ? Worth it or not

Jm05cop

I am considering a set of leather fr seats off of seat accessories website but at £1424 they seem a bit pricey don't you think ? And would there be a market for the standard ones ?

Cheers:D

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Leather seats are a must IMO. Both of my cars have them and I wouldn't be without them on any car I have in the future. Hot in the summer but the AC sorts this out in a jiffy. Cold in the winter for a couple of mins until the heaters kick in and make them all toasty.

It's the same as a lot of things, like DSG, fog lights and cruise control. those that don't have them will brush them off and make an excuse as to why they don't want/need them. Leather costs extra for a reason. It's an upgrade.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Aftermarket leather seats imho. are a must in the Leon, makes it look mucht better and less cheap.
Slippery depends on the quality and typ you choose (mines actually offer just as much grip as the Seat fabric).
I would stay away from the leather vag uses. Its cheap (painted leather that easily cracks), wears fast and a lot of non contact parts are made out of fake leather.....

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
If its cracking easily then its not being looked after, leather seats need to be cleaned and fed regularly to keep them in top condition. Got 114k miles on the leathers in my Mk1 LC and only now is the driver's bolster beginning to show signs of wear - certainly look a lot better than a lot of the (popular) second-hand S3 seats that were fitted over the years.

If the quality of the leather has gone downhill I'd be disappointed too :(

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Love the smell of leather but don't like the way they age and stretch. Had them in a couple of Mercs and BM's are ok but not on my wish list on a premium car do help residuals though.

On a Leon it will add to the desirability but not really residual look nice though, it is a case of how long you are going to keep the car and if you have £1200 to blow if not then just buy some leather trousers and a jacket you will look more camp than the Caravan Club or Buzz on a night out though:p

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
I am considering a set of leather fr seats off of seat accessories website but at £1424 they seem a bit pricey don't you think ? And would there be a market for the standard ones ?

Cheers:D

You'd be able to get the original seats retrimmed for less than that, would be to your own colour and design and use better quality leather too...

Jm05cop

You'd be able to get the original seats retrimmed for less than that, would be to your own colour and design and use better quality leather too...

Is there anyone you can recommend in the midlands area
Cheers

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Leather seats are a must IMO. Both of my cars have them and I wouldn't be without them on any car I have in the future. Hot in the summer but the AC sorts this out in a jiffy. Cold in the winter for a couple of mins until the heaters kick in and make them all toasty.

It's the same as a lot of things, like DSG, fog lights and cruise control. those that don't have them will brush them off and make an excuse as to why they don't want/need them. Leather costs extra for a reason. It's an upgrade.

Just to add,as my above post makes it sound like i just don't like them! I do have leather in my other car,and i much prefer the cloth seats in the Altea! :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Waste of cash IMO. Burn your arse in the summer, freeze you arse in the winter and crack with age. Much heavier than standard seats too if fitted with electric motors and heaters.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I've had leather in my last 2 BMWs Lexus IS and Astra twintop loved it in all of them would have had it in the Leon but £1400 way overpriced
If you like leather go for it ignore the haters probably never had it
I will stay pristine if you look after it and feed it

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
rather have my alacantara seats personally, never crack very good at holding you in and piss easy to clean and a fraction of the price (new). dont no how much aftermarket tho

RSgeoff

Facelift Citrus Cupra
Aug 22, 2011
Tyneside
Interesting - I was going to put a thread up tonight about the subject as I know 2 people who have decided against a new Cupra R because of the leather seats.

Personally I don't like them as you slide around too much / it's the only thing I prefer in my cupra compared to the R.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Interesting - I was going to put a thread up tonight about the subject as I know 2 people who have decided against a new Cupra R because of the leather seats.

Personally I don't like them as you slide around too much / it's the only thing I prefer in my cupra compared to the R.

I also know of 1 person who has not ordered a Cupra R because of the leather. . .

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.