LED Tick Lights

Slappi

Jul 31, 2014
Hello there guys, hope you can help me please. I purchased a set of tick lights for my facelift Cupra with the intention of getting them coded at the dealers etc but I was sold a brand new Depo set that came with resistors instead (purchased from abroad with no mention of resistors).

Initially I was pissed off about that but was my own fault for not researching properly so went and fitted them and they do look great to be fair with no errors etc but the brake lights are pulsing/flickering very slightly. It's not even a flicker in all honesty, just seems like they are going bright and dull ever so slightly.

I've read up a lot of pages on these lights and pulse width modulation etc and does seem like it is just down to not being coded.

My question is, does anyone know if coding these lights, even with resistors, to LED will get rid of the pulse/flicker and if so can it be done using VCDS or is it still strictly VAS? Do any of you guys live in the Nottinghamshire area that can do this coding too by any chance?

I do have obdeleven pro but I can't seem to do anything with the rear lights with that, only licence plate LED's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.