Leon 1.8tsi ST Backbox Delete

Benjermain22

Feb 23, 2023
Stourbridge
Hi all.

I have a Leon 1.8 TSI ST, I was looking at a res delete which I know is possible but can’t seem to find anything that fit a backbox delete as nothing fits the ST.

Just thinking what are my options?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Have you contacted a local exhaust shop to see if they can make you something that’s custom fit? That way it’ll be exactly what you want.

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Removing the backbox is pretty easy for any exhaust place, but how loud will the car go and could you come across droning on the motorway?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Removing the backbox is pretty easy for any exhaust place, but how loud will the car go and could you come across droning on the motorway?
From what I’ve seen on YouTube, loud yes, droning yes. I’ve done a red delete on my Leon Cupra 280 and that’s just about right. Not too loud in normal comfort mode, but when the gearbox is in sport mode, or when the car’s in Cupra etc., then the volume is perfect. No drone on the motorway either. DSG farts are louder too. If the backbox was out, it’d be too loud. That’s my opinion. Everyone will have their own views on what’s too loud.

Reactions: Mo_86

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
From what I’ve seen on YouTube, loud yes, droning yes. I’ve done a red delete on my Leon Cupra 280 and that’s just about right. Not too loud in normal comfort mode, but when the gearbox is in sport mode, or when the car’s in Cupra etc., then the volume is perfect. No drone on the motorway either. DSG farts are louder too. If the backbox was out, it’d be too loud. That’s my opinion. Everyone will have their own views on what’s too loud.
At least you can change the sound, on the 2L 190 and 1.8 the modes just change steering and gearbox but nothing for sound 😒

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
At least you can change the sound, on the 2L 190 and 1.8 the modes just change steering and gearbox but nothing for sound 😒
I change the sound by putting the DSG in comfort and/or sport. There’s no option to change the sound. On the Leon Cupras fake sound is pumped through the speakers. Not sure if it’s the same on all mk3 Leons. I turned this fake sound off using OBD11, so I can hear the engine and exhaust.

Benjermain22

Feb 23, 2023
Stourbridge
I’m not too fussed about droning on motorway, I listen to music loud anyway 😂 not looking for super, just enough for it to sound good that boring stock sounds

Benjermain22

Feb 23, 2023
Stourbridge
If it’s just a res delete that’s pretty easy to do really, I suppose I can do the one and see if any more work is needed

Reactions: H Rafiq