Leon 184 FR buying questions

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
Hello,

I'm considering a Leon SC 184 FR as my next car purchase.

I've spotted a 2014 example with black wheels, roof and mirrors. Was this a factory option? Some sort of 'black pack'? or will it be an aftermarket mod by a previous owner?

Also any other thoughts on which options are worth seeking out? I'm not really bothered about the sunroof or the leather. I'm 50/50 on the 18's. I do fancy the sound system upgrade - but I've not heard it, in the flesh so to speak.

I see some cars with headlamp washers. Does that indicate upgraded headlights or is it just the same lights with washers?

Any guidance or advice much appreciated.
Col :)

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Headlight washers come with the winter pack, that includes heated seats and heated washer jets.
Although very early cars got them and heated washer jets with the technology pack.

Options nice to have
Mirror link
RVC and front parking sensors ( as no longer standard )
ACC
Winter pack for the heated seats

If your unsure just buy the cupra, comes with more stuff as standard ;) :D

:)

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
ive got seat sound and its pretty good, although not as good as the bose in my last car.

18s make a big differnce to the overall look I think, I wouldnt have one without after comparing them.

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
I drive the FR184ST and my son has a white FR184 SC with Seat Sound System. The SSS seems to always come with a spare wheel as the sub unit sits inside the spear wheel. There isn't a lot of difference in the sounds between the two other than that extended bass hump that you get from having a woolly sub sitting under a carpet inside a spare wheel in the boot.

I am being a bit unfair as if you play around with the settings you can get the SSS to sound very balanced. I get a similar effect by turning the volume in mine.

Sound wise, I have had Audi's with Bose system an tbh not a lot of difference between any of them. We are pretty critical on sound and at home we all have hifi's with quality components and have spent months on speaker positioning, adding soft furnishings etc.

The SSS is nice to have and gives you more fill and warmth at lower volumes but it also gives you fun of seeking out the additional vibrations in the door panels when the bass notes extend down.

You will never get the same sound as the 950 watt Linn system fitted in the 150k Aston Martin DB9, but this was a 15k option I think.

Edited to add

we both have the following packs:

tech pack inc satnav
Spare wheel
Convenience pack
LED light pack
18 inch wheels

Last edited:

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
ok, thanks for the feedback on the sound system.

Anyone any info on my first question? The possibility of a factory install black pack or will this have been a mod carried out by a previous owner

Car looks like this

184_FR.jpg

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
ok, thanks for the feedback on the sound system.

Anyone any info on my first question? The possibility of a factory install black pack or will this have been a mod carried out by a previous owner

Car looks like this

184_FR.jpg

I know that there were several different colour themed packs that were available when ordering new, but as far as I know they were only ever offered (in 2014 at least) on the Cupra models. So I'd say there's a pretty good chance those mods have been done by a previous owner.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
There was such a thing as a black pack for the Se and Fr according to my October 2014 manual. This just included a black roof and mirrors - mods easily done post factory.

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
My 184sc has the same (roof, mirrors, wheels). The roof is definately from the factory as there is an instruction leaflet from seat on the upkeep and care of a wrap

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
There was such a thing as a black pack for the Se and Fr according to my October 2014 manual. This just included a black roof and mirrors - mods easily done post factory.

Thanks Curtly, I wasn't sure they were available on the lower specs. When I got mine in 2014 they were only just introducing the colour packs. Now I know!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.