Leon 184 FR Help Needed

Jul 27, 2021
It will start to build up again after a regen so that should be fairly normal. Try and see how many miles it does before it gets to about 22 grams as it should trigger a regen around then.

If you had VAG DPF, it would be a lot easier to help!
I’ll get it downloaded. Guessing it’s for android?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
1) - not sure (see 2)
2) - the tyre pressure warning system is very rudimentary and works off wheel speed and is usually measured via your ABS sensor. If it detects a speed anomoly, it will think your tyre pressure has changed. Could be a wheel bearing or similar and therefore links with #1 as it's confusing your ABS sensor.
3) Known issue with VVT. I let my glow plug light go out and wait a few more seconds before cranking. Sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't. Worse in cold weather.
4) Buy a Carista dongle and get VAG DPF app on your phone. You can then see the state of your DPF, when it is due a regen, performing a regen and also see how much `bottom ash` is in the DPF (basically how used/full up it is). A DPF light coming on suggests it is not completing a normal passive or active regen and can be a symtom of other issues. Not the end of the world but not to be ignored and for £30 you can monitor it yourself.

CARISTA
Regarding point 3; see my previous comment! I don't even have VVT and still get occasional long crank! :oops:

Further research on CUPA-CUNA from my 'small' sample of cars for sale on autotrader:
ALL DSG's have CUNA engine which is ULEZ compliant and has VVT
early 2015 MAN cars are CUPA which are NOT ULEZ compliant and do NOT have VVT
later 2015 MAN cars are CUNA which are ULEZ compliant and DO have VVT
CUPA = NO VVT
CUNA = VVT + additional EGR

1631522636860.png

Edit:
Just to add it looks like all Golf GTD's have the CUNA engine which = ULEZ + VVT
Octavia looks to follow the Leon regarding CUPA/CUNA, but I also found an early 2014 Octavia with DSG AND CUPA engine - so maybe there are early Leons with DSG and CUPA engine - just weren't any on autotrader!

Last edited:
Reactions: Evo97 and BillyCool
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.