Leon 2.0tsi ST 190hp conversion to double exhaust

May 3, 2023
Hello,

I am looking into converting my Leon ST to exhausts on both sides of the rear (like the Cupra R-ish), and wonder if anyone has any ideas or examples of how to do this?
I am trying to fit a diffuser for the Cupra R on my ST and therefore want to fill the empty space for exhaust on the right side of the rear.

My current idea would be to change the rear muffler with exhaust tips for the Cupra R instead and adding the same on the right side of the rear.
Would this be possible? Are there any other ways to go about this?

Someway fitting an identical muffler as the current left one, on the right as well would be fine as well if that would be possible.

Ideas or help?

(Sorry for the somewhat long read :))

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Yes this is completely possible. I'm guessing you have an FR spec car? And being a 190ps it's a Facelift? If so the Facelift Cupra St rear diffuser will fit your bumper.

The only thing that isn't a direct fit is the right hand headsheild for the back box as the studs that are welded to the boot floor for the heatshield to fix to are missing. Other than that you can do this with all bolt on oem parts.

The Facelift Cupra exhausts are 4wd but will fit the fwd cars. I put a PFL 2wd Cupra St exhaust on my Facelift fr, and the exhaust tip spacing is wider where it comes out the diffuser.

cgreggers

Aug 29, 2023
I've got a 1.5 TSI ST and I'm doing exactly this next week. Taking it to a custom place to have the dual exits installed with quad tips. I've got a Rieger Diffuser which has the 2 exits. Will post the results next week.

May 3, 2023
I've had to put this project on hold but will eventually get to it.
Will also share the results here whenever I end up going through with this :)

cgreggers

Aug 29, 2023
Hi! Did you do this?
I did!

I went to an independent exhaust place and got a backbox delete with quad tips. See photos below. This is on my 1.5TSI 150 2019 so it has the GPF so the sound isn't much different from stock. See photo. On reflection I think I'm going to swap them for oval tips as opposed to round and have them adjusted so they sit underneath the diffuser a bit more so they feel more OEM+

IMG_2105.JPG

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
That looks very nice, how are the wind deflectors?
Any issues with the auto window close and open?

cgreggers

Aug 29, 2023
That looks very nice, how are the wind deflectors?
Any issues with the auto window close and open?
Wind deflectors have been faultless for me. Some people don't get on with them but I used the metal clips to keep them in and had no issues with the windows.

Reactions: Mo_86

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
I did!

I went to an independent exhaust place and got a backbox delete with quad tips. See photos below. This is on my 1.5TSI 150 2019 so it has the GPF so the sound isn't much different from stock. See photo. On reflection I think I'm going to swap them for oval tips as opposed to round and have them adjusted so they sit underneath the diffuser a bit more so they feel more OEM+

View attachment 40414
That’s a very cool picture mate, love it!

I’m going to be changing my 23 ateca 190 to the same sort of thing with reiger diffuser but considering the GPF may have to go mid pipe too, in order to get the sound I want (not pierce your ears loud just a nice deep bass sound).
Ovals would look cool, for me on a white car I’d go with black tips with the blue steel (or orange or pink) Etc

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
That’s a very cool picture mate, love it!

I’m going to be changing my 23 ateca 190 to the same sort of thing with reiger diffuser but considering the GPF may have to go mid pipe too, in order to get the sound I want (not pierce your ears loud just a nice deep bass sound).
Ovals would look cool, for me on a white car I’d go with black tips with the blue steel (or orange or pink) Etc
Like these:

Attachments

• IMG_8507.png
    IMG_8507.png
    508 KB · Views: 23
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.