Leon 5F ST boot interior light unit + matching connector

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
Hey, Back again. I'd like to look at maybe adding a 2nd Boot light and move to LED for the interior lights.

Struggling to find the part info and in my searching I'm not even sure I'm searching for the right term.

I'm after the light unit itself and if available, the matching plug to go with it. My plan is to make some form of piggyback harness to take power from the existing right hand side (as looking into the boot) and run it round to the left side and create a hole to match so I have a light on both sides. I'm sure its doable but I'm struggling to find parts to play with.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Try this thread:

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
Thanks for that mate, I had seen that already along with the guide in the resource section on using LED strips so I’m gonna be stealing some cable routing ideas maybe but unfortunately couldn’t find anything relating to using the oem holders to do the same thing

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
This of any use maybe.

Reactions: H Rafiq

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
This of any use maybe.
I think this is for cars that already have the LED interior lights. I don’t think @dynamis_dk has LEDs after looking at the original post.

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
Cheers for the link, sadly I’m on the older bulb ones so looking to add one light and swap to LED. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it at the time, I’ve just popped the light out and hey presto, the part number - 5L0 947 565. I think I may also have found the connectors on Ali express too.

Searching for that part number there are a few LED replacements so I’m thinking rather then bulbs, am I just as well buying two LED units and doing a straight swap + running new wires for the 2nd?

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Cheers for the link, sadly I’m on the older bulb ones so looking to add one light and swap to LED. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it at the time, I’ve just popped the light out and hey presto, the part number - 5L0 947 565. I think I may also have found the connectors on Ali express too.

Searching for that part number there are a few LED replacements so I’m thinking rather then bulbs, am I just as well buying two LED units and doing a straight swap + running new wires for the 2nd?
There small but the connectors have the part numbers on too. If you then Google that number I’m sure it would come up on AliExpress probably?

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Yeah, this is one of the connectors on my car, it has the smaller of the two types by all accounts.

Attachments

• 228CA6FC-76F2-49C3-A4EA-97FCB0BBAC7B.jpeg
    228CA6FC-76F2-49C3-A4EA-97FCB0BBAC7B.jpeg
    738.9 KB · Views: 98

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
Mines the bigger / wider ones… took a bit of getting the angle right and it was google auto suggestion which hinted to the first letter which I couldn’t quite make out. The part which plugs into the light fitting is a 1J0971972.

Looks like I’m after - VAG 2 Pin Connector Plug Set Male & Female 3B0972712 1J0971972 + pins.

@SEAT Motor Parts - is this something you stock? And if so what sort of price am I looking at? - cheers

Reactions: Cupra R

COX Motor Parts

Genuine Seat, Cupra, Honda and VW parts
Forum Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Morecambe
www.coxmotorparts.co.uk
Hi,

Yes we can get hold of these two parts! Just looking at around £9.50 for the both parts (3B0972712 & 1J0971972)
It might be more cost effective to get them from a local dealer to save on postage costs

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Have you got sorted yet? I may have what you need that was purchased in error from AliExpress. I ordered the larger connections before checking out what I had 🥴

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise