Leon Cupra 300 4 drive very quiet

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
Hi so I have a 68 plate Leon cupra 300 4drive and I believe it has the GPF on my model and it’s just to quiet for me is there anyway or changing this, I would like to hear more of the change up on the dsg gearbox like you do on the golf R is there anyway of sorting this?
cheers

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I think you can open the exhaust flaps permanently using OBD Eleven. Or you could delete the resonator.

Reactions: DaveMac

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
I think you can open the exhaust flaps permanently using OBD Eleven. Or you could delete the resonator.
I been told if delete resonator then it drones quite bad on motorway’s, I floored it yesterday and me bro said can hardly hear the gear change sounds like a normal auto 😂

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

There are no exhaust flaps on the Cupra of any kind, hatch, or ST. Its all piped in noise via a sound actuator.
Even the Golf R estate didn't have the exhaust flap, only the Hatch.

There is also no resonator on the GPF estate models to delete....

1671058269363.png

Your options are:

Get a Golf R/Cupra R exhaust (and a Maxton Diffuser) as these are slightly louder.

Aftermarket/custom system.

Reactions: H Rafiq and DaveMac

DaveMac

Dec 13, 2022
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

There are no exhaust flaps on the Cupra of any kind, hatch, or ST. Its all piped in noise via a sound actuator.
Even the Golf R estate didn't have the exhaust flap, only the Hatch.

There is also no resonator on the GPF estate models to delete....

View attachment 34811

Your options are:

Get a Golf R/Cupra R exhaust (and a Maxton Diffuser) as these are slightly louder.

Aftermarket/custom system.
Any idea how would go about getting it but louder especially the gear change?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Any idea how would go about getting it but louder especially the gear change?
Besides changing the exhaust to Golf R/R ST or aftermarket?

If you want to keep the stock exhaust, then only sure fire way is to either get a down pipe without GPF (and mapped) or take out the internals and route the pipework from the entrance to the back box to the exit, but with some perforated tubing, that way you get the extra noise but should still stop drone.

Have a read of this thread:

Cupra interals (same thread as above):

Golf R Estate internals (same thread as above):

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.