Leon Cupra R ST ABT injectors.

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
So are there going to be any disadvantages of running 4 rather than 8 injectors?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So are there going to be any disadvantages of running 4 rather than 8 injectors?
I believe the only real one is Carbon Build up on the valves/inlet.

But there are cleaners you can get to help and people who offer services to clean it.

On the up shot, you have less to go wrong.

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
I think the tax on my ABT is only about £180 a year, The B8 RS4 I looked at was over £600 o_O.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think the tax on my ABT is only about £180 a year, The B8 RS4 I looked at was over £600 o_O.
Ha Ha - not, my poor old 2011 S4 didn’t get auto Stop/Start and has 6 speed manual transmission, so even it hits that higher band of road tax, horrible, but a pleasant car to use.

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
After the start button, the 2nd button I press is to turn off the stop start. Then after a couple of miles the gearbox is put into sport.

Dec 14, 2023
Hi all
Sorry to bump this thread, bud loving the ST Carbon v ST R comparison here..proper interesting!
I’ve had my Carbon since 2018 on a 68 plate. It’s been my pride n joy and I heard a person once say “it’s a poor man’s RS4” n I thought…that’s just fine for me! It’s the first new car I’ve ever owned, but was a long time coming!
My wife recently had a 290 with the 7spd n I always wanted a 7th in mine, just to see the difference, but it was never a fair contest really.
Anyway…apologies about me and my ramblings

These cars are rare…like I was told 50 when I got mine, I’ve later heard only 42 ever sold. I’m only going off the forum, but that’s a small legion.

It’s a big country, I’ll give you that… but I seen the exact same car in Northampton today on a 19 plate.

Be great to see how many are left out there

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi all
Sorry to bump this thread, bud loving the ST Carbon v ST R comparison here..proper interesting!
I’ve had my Carbon since 2018 on a 68 plate. It’s been my pride n joy and I heard a person once say “it’s a poor man’s RS4” n I thought…that’s just fine for me! It’s the first new car I’ve ever owned, but was a long time coming!
My wife recently had a 290 with the 7spd n I always wanted a 7th in mine, just to see the difference, but it was never a fair contest really.
Anyway…apologies about me and my ramblings

These cars are rare…like I was told 50 when I got mine, I’ve later heard only 42 ever sold. I’m only going off the forum, but that’s a small legion.

It’s a big country, I’ll give you that… but I seen the exact same car in Northampton today on a 19 plate.

Be great to see how many are left out there
In all the time I owned mine I've only ever seen another two others, and both were arranged meet ups :D

One was a meet arranged on here:

1702630582572.png

And the other was meeting someone at a services for 2 minutes in the rain to pass on the Cupra R grills I had spare. He was the one that found out only 42 got registered in the UK in the end. which I shared on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyCool and Mo_86
Dec 14, 2023
In all the time I owned mine I've only ever seen another two others, and both were arranged meet ups :D

One was a meet arranged on here:

View attachment 39694

And the other was meeting someone at a services for 2 minutes in the rain to pass on the Cupra R grills I had spare. He was the one that found out only 42 got registered in the UK in the end. which I shared on here.
Awesome, cheers Damo