Leon Cupra R ST

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Any further news on the Leon Cupra R ST?
I know we got the carbons recently - with little to no warning....
The SEAT website suggests the R ST is still coming soon (but it has done for some time now) - just wondered if anybody knew how soon we might get some specs and an order book :)

I've not put it in the CUPRA forum, 'cos it's still got the "S" badges :p

Taken from seat.co.uk:

In addition to this, at the Geneva Motorshow, we've just announced the new CUPRA R ST which is due to arrive in the UK next year.

COMING SOON

LEON CUPRA R ST
Announced at the Geneva Motorshow in March 2018, the Leon CUPRA R ST will be arriving on UK shores in 2019. With a high-performance 300 PS 2.0 TSI engine, 4Drive all-wheel drive system and DSG gearbox, the CUPRA R ST also offers exquisite exterior design complemented by impeccable copper highlights. Guaranteed to turn heads. Luxury, made for you.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Thanks, but that thread was all about the Cupra ST Carbon Edition. I'm after details about the Cupra R ST - it should in theory come with far more kit (or at least have options, rather than being factory pre-built), and a different colour scheme.
(I admit it's very similar to the Carbon technically, but they are allegedly 2 different cars).
If somebody can confirm they are still going to make the R, that would be great.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Thanks, but that thread was all about the Cupra ST Carbon Edition. I'm after details about the Cupra R ST - it should in theory come with far more kit (or at least have options, rather than being factory pre-built), and a different colour scheme.
(I admit it's very similar to the Carbon technically, but they are allegedly 2 different cars).
If somebody can confirm they are still going to make the R, that would be great.
Ah ok,

I was under the impression that they were no longer making the "R" ST on the MK3 (UK at least) that the carbon edition was it's replacement.

After looking around though you may be right.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Ah ok,
I was under the impression that they were no longer making the "R" ST on the MK3 and that the carbon edition was it's replacement.
:) This is precisely the point i'm hoping to get clarified ;-)
Seat's own site never mentioned even mentioned the Carbon (that i saw) - which could definitely hint that the Carbon was the R replacement, but never anything concrete on the subject :-( I'll just have to keep watching and waiting for now :)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
:) This is precisely the point i'm hoping to get clarified ;-)
Seat's own site never mentioned even mentioned the Carbon (that i saw) - which could definitely hint that the Carbon was the R replacement, but never anything concrete on the subject :-( I'll just have to keep watching and waiting for now :)
Yeah well SEATs website is also still advertising the Cupra 300 :)

From my experience It's not usually the best for delivering up-to-date info.

In the other thread it mentions the aesthetic changes from the standard 300. On the review I saw it had a digital cockpit which sounds to be confirmed and beats audio (although not listed in Scroggs thread)

What extras are hoping for in the R?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The heated bucket seats would be amazing, Beats and Digital Cockpit too.
Some of the basics, like rear camera, and DCC (if it's not already standard)
But mainly :) those copper alloys!! :-o ooooh and Quad pipes....
I'd imagine the buckets would be standard like the current R and the carbon.

Beats for the Leon is only on the R and possibly carbon.

The digital cockpit wasn't originally available on the R. It was nice to see it on the carbon.

With regards to the other options the MY19 option packs have changed how you select them now. Things like rear camera and upgraded sound system don't appear to be available in a pack for the CUPRA.

The copper detailing has grown on me though :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise