Leon mk2 1.2tsi 2011 tick lights? Pls help

Jan 20, 2021
Hi guys i have leon mk2 2011 looking to upgrade my rear lights to tick lights as they look super cool. Is it just plug and play or does it need rewiring?

Thanks

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Assuming you're talking about the genuine Seat tick lights and not aftermarket ones...

They're direct fit if you get the correct UK spec inner light units. The LHD market ones have the fog and reverse lights on the opposing sides so you'll need to re-wire the fog and reverse lights if you get European spec ones.

The BCM needs dealer coding though otherwise they will flicker. They have an adaption on their software for retrofitting the LED rear lights but third party coding tools don't have this.

The coding process is detailed in TPI 2026910/1. You might need to give that to the dealer if they're not sure what to do. They'll probably charge you half an hour of labour for the coding though. I think that's the smallest charging unit they have for labour.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021
Assuming you're talking about the genuine Seat tick lights and not aftermarket ones...

They're direct fit if you get the correct UK spec inner light units. The LHD market ones have the fog and reverse lights on the opposing sides so you'll need to re-wire the fog and reverse lights if you get European spec ones.

The BCM needs dealer coding though otherwise they will flicker. They have an adaption on their software for retrofitting the LED rear lights but third party coding tools don't have this.

The coding process is detailed in TPI 2026910/1. You might need to give that to the dealer if they're not sure what to do. They'll probably charge you half an hour of labour for the coding though. I think that's the smallest charging unit they have for labour.
Thanks. Do you know where i could get them? as yes i found some aftermarket ones on eby and do need rewiring but not sure about coding.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
The genuine ones are made by Valeo. They are available directly from Seat or aftermarket from Valeo distributors but they're not cheap. A set of new genuine ones were around £400 when I last looked.

Aftermarket ones shouldn’t need coding but may need resistor packs added if the lights don’t already have them to stop the bulb error warnings. They should only need rewiring if they’re European spec rather than UK spec.

Jan 20, 2021
The genuine ones are made by Valeo. They are available directly from Seat or aftermarket from Valeo distributors but they're not cheap. A set of new genuine ones were around £400 when I last looked.

Aftermarket ones shouldn’t need coding but may need resistor packs added if the lights don’t already have them to stop the bulb error warnings. They should only need rewiring if they’re European spec rather than UK spec.
Sorry for the late reply, but yes as you said they are expensive did have a look but cant really find any uk specs. Thanks for the info.