Leon Mk3 Preview

WildWestHero

Mar 11, 2007
The Wild West
Got to see a Red FR 1.4TSi at dealers at Congresbury on Thursday.

First impressions. Looks like a Seat. Basically a Leon shape, but Ibiza style. Lots of lines and angles. Interior seems really nice. 18's definitely suited it, as the car was very chunky (dare I say it, a bit tubby - well it is shorter and wider). Rear door handles don't look quite right. They seem quite low (compared to, say, a Focus), and stick out more than my Mk2. Maybe I'm just used to the hidden ones on a Mk2. Hardly a deal breaker though. Red did look nice, but would like to see it in other colours.

Overall, looks like a solid, well sorted car. Seat have come a long way, even though the visual design is less radical than most would have hoped for.

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
Went to Grants in Braintree last night. My impression is that's its a very nice car! I think Seat have certainly raided the Audi parts bin a lot !

New wing mirrors lok like they are stolen off the mk2 TT, door handles from the Audi A3, climate control from the Mk2 TT too!

Looks very well screwed together car and certainly not an old chassis car made to look like a new car!

SC 3 door could be interesting, and estate could be even better! Seat need something to combat the new Focus ST

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.