Leon X-Perience 2.0 TSI? or "FR X-perience"?

Mar 26, 2023
I'm deciding between 2019 2.0 TSI FR vs 2019 2.0 TSI X-perience, both petrol.
Any experience out there as to their handling differences?

I like the FR's sporty promise, but the X-perience's 4Drive seems like a good idea too.
In terms of sporty driving experience, is the X-perience a huge step down from an FR with DCC?

A few of the X-perience listings are titled "FR X-perience" - is this a misnomer or is there such a thing?
Also, do some X-periences have DCC?

Cheers

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
If both have the 2.0TSI 190, both will have the same independent rear suspension - although I would have thought the "X-perience" would be jacked up a little higher, and the FR would have slightly firmer springs. It's difficult because they merged a lot of the trim levels around that time making it quite confusing. Bare in mind the 4Drive will sap extra fuel and return worse economy (up to 5-10MPG less, having driven identical engines with different drivetrains before) and also have less usable power.

Sounds like you'd want the FR. At 190bhp it doesn't really need 4Drive unless your own situation would benefit from it.

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
The FR does have quite firm suspension, which feels sporty when you're in the mood but most of the time I wish it had softer springs for a more comfortable ride. I think the FR Sport with DCC would be better, however I haven't driven one so not sure how the comfort setting feels.
The 2.0 will spin up its wheels (& wheel tramp) on a damp or wet road with any kind of spirited driving from standstill, so 4WD would be better for nipping out of junctions etc.
As said though, there will be a price to pay for that in terms of fuel consumption and performance.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.