• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 27, 2026
3
0
Hi all

I got a fault code P1423 on my neighbors Seat Altea 2005. This code is meaning low air pressure on bank 1 on the air pump.
The question is where this air pump is located on this year models and if anyone have more tips and trix to fix this.

Thank you
 
I found the air pump in the engine compartment (No problem).
The problem i got now is that the air pump won't start :(.
If i connect a positive and negative wire from battery to the connectors to the air pump it's starting and works.
The fuse 40A to the air pump is ok. All the relays is ok and works.
I don't get any life on the connector to the air pump with a multimeter when the car is running :(

Should the air pump start right away when the car is cold ?
 
Another day, another update for you Seat owners.
I am the owner of the forum https://volvosweden.se and usually feels pretty home to all Volvo models.
I have to say this with the second day of fixing this Seat Altea that this car brand "Seat" feels pretty home team to :coolthumb. Not at all like British car brands, they drive on the left side and have weird bolt sizes :) .

Anyway, lets try do a (solved) thread. Forum owners and car owners that have a problem likes when threads gets solved !! :yes:

I think the problem was in the connector to the air pump ! The multimeter got crazy when i measured this connector. Sometimes i got ground where the positive side should be and vice versa. I think the connector got very warm and something have melted. The strange thing also is that the fuse is still ok.

Well lets see how its works now when i cut of the connector and fixed another connector to the air pump.
The OBD2 diagnos tool gave trouble code P1423 and the check engine light in the dash. This code can be a problem on the emission test. The OBD2 tool also gave a message that there is a short to +. The only short i found was in this connector to the air pump.

Anyway, This thread is solved now. The Seat is back to it's owner :cool:. It's chances that the Seat is back in a week is pretty big. I hope the check engine light stays unlighted. Thank you guys that read this thread. I hope that someone having this trouble code might read this thread and be happy to find the solution.