Locking, unlocking and other tips and tricks

r0w3r

Hi,

I still can't work out the locking and unlocking of my Stylance despite reading the manual and trying all sorts of things.

I find holding the keyfob button to lock and unlock very handy, especially because of the folding mirrors.

I can't seem to get the boot to open without pressing the keyfob several times and sometimes when I get out the car the boot unlocks and sometimes it doesn't. It makes no difference if I take the key with me or not.

Coupled with the auto locking when you drive off I am beginning to think the thing's paranoid..!

Would anyone care to supply a guide to getting in and out in plain English please? I'm usually quite good at these kind of things but I cannot fathom out the Leon.

I guess I'm getting dafter in my old age...

This post got me thinking, after I read the one with the trick of holding down 'Auto' on the climate control to toggle between dual and mono control, that there might be all sorts of tips and tricks like this to using the car.

So, anyone care to add to the list..?

stewpot

Hi

It took me a while to suss mine out despite reading the manual several times.

To unlock the boot - press and hold the boot unlock button for about 2 seconds, it will unlock and also deactivate the alarm. The doors remain locked.

To relock press the button once and it will lock and the alarm will be reactivated.

Besides turning the mirrors in if you press and hold the normal lock button you can also raise and lower the windows by pressing and holding either the lock or the unlock button for about 3 seconds. They will stop going up/down if you stop pressing the button.

Pressing the unlock button once only unlocks the drivers door, press twice in quick succession to unlock them all.

If you press the lock button once, the doors are locked, deadlocked and the alarm activated.

Press it twice and the doors are locked but not deadlocked (I think the volumetric part of the alarm is also deactivated). This could be useful for example if you wanted to leave the kids in the car whilst you nipped into a shop for a paper and didn't want to leave the car unlocked but the kids are still able to get out in an emergency.

Hope the above helps

johnvx220

May 10, 2007
Plymouth
I should have read the manual. Late / early morning a moth got in and set the alarm off 3 times in all.
So it press the bottom button twice and that will lock but no alarm. Can someone but a kid in their car and try it out. Better not try it here as there may be a linching.

AL2007

Jun 6, 2007
North London (Spurs-Land)
Hi
To unlock the boot - press and hold the boot unlock button for about 2 seconds, it will unlock and also deactivate the alarm. The doors remain locked.

To relock press the button once and it will lock and the alarm will be reactivated.
Hope the above helps

Just to add, when unlocking boot, keep unlock button pressed until indicators flash, then you know its unlocked.

The window up down thingy is so cool [B)] allows you to let some cool air into car on hot days befor you get in, not that you will need it this summer :(

ClosetBarry

White '14 Cupra 280 DSG
Oct 17, 2006
South Coast
The unlocking of the car when you get out took me a while also, however I have it sused now.

The key is that when you remove the ignition key and power off the car (the car is still on when you just turn the car off but leave the key in) the doors will return to the state they were in when you strated the car.

So, if you single press the button to unlock just the drivers door when you get out only the drivers door will unlock.

If you double press when you get in all the door and boot will be unlocked when you take the key out.

Hope this helps..

-CB

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
The unlocking of the car when you get out took me a while also, however I have it sused now.

The key is that when you remove the ignition key and power off the car (the car is still on when you just turn the car off but leave the key in) the doors will return to the state they were in when you strated the car.

So, if you single press the button to unlock just the drivers door when you get out only the drivers door will unlock.

If you double press when you get in all the door and boot will be unlocked when you take the key out.

Hope this helps..

-CB

Yep, this makes 100% sense, well it's how mine seems to be working anyhow.

dogmark

when you hold the button in for a while when locking what exacly should happen??

does the whole mirror housing move or just the mirror??

tobywuk

Feb 13, 2007
When i press and hold the lock/unlock button for 3 seconds, my windows don't go down. I have to put the key in the door and turn it for 3 seconds to get it to work.

dogmark

i have just checked , the key will close my windows but will not move the mirrors , was this a extra on the 06 stylance or are all stylances fitted with the electric moving mirror housings???

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.