Long delays repairing accident damage

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
My 4 month old MK4 Leon FR was T-Boned by another driver on 31st July and has been sat at the authorised repairer since 2nd August with no progress on the repair. The problem it appears, is shortage of parts in the supply chain. No electrical parts appear to be needed, just 2 doors, rear quarter, wheel, tyre, plus anything behind those panels that may be damaged. Is anyone else in a similar position? Any experience on how long this may go on in the current climate?

As an aside, Admiral have been brilliant, apart from sending me a Vauxhall Crossland as a courtesy car!!

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
When I worked in parts it was regular that the supply of body parts or panels of newly released models were very slow in coming through, all parts were being directed to the assembly lines to get cars on the road, try calling Seat customer service but I wouldn’t hold my breath. The current supply problems won’t be helping either as there are shortages of everything. Sorry if this doesn’t help with the problem.

Reactions: julian24110

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Just be thankful your insurer is letting you keep the courtesy car - probably as you’re 99.9% certain of getting your claim settled!

Reactions: julian24110

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Car returned after 2.5
Months. Had over £9k of work done but now looks showroom fresh again. Supply chain issues delayed the work by 6 weeks. After driving a Vauxhall crossland rental since July I appreciate how nice these VW Group cars are again!

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Where to start…
Harsh unrefined engine, clunky to drive, touch the throttle and the steering at the same time and you get torque steer, under steer at anything over 40mph on country roads, boot is smaller than a Leon and it looks pretty horrid too!

Reactions: AnotherLife
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members