Lookers Seat Stockport

danthomason

Had my car for just over a year after buying from lookers, been back atleast 3/4 times (2 of which are not fault of theirs) customer service there is shocking.

When i bought the car i had them fit a parrot handsfree kit as i bought a showroom model due to waiting lists. After installing it i noticed where they fitted the mic the interior was loose and was making a rattling sound, i took it back and after an hour was assured they had sorted the problem which they hadnt.

Then i had to have a replacement speaker which took them 4 months to order due to 3 people telling me face-to-face they had placed the order then somebody else explaining there was no record of an order when i enquired. Again after a few days of finally gettin it replaced my car was back in as they hadnt refitted the interior door panel properly.

The reception staff there are impolite and uninterested, communication is poor as i generally end up having to chase up on repairs etc; and basically since i handed over the money they've stuck two fingers up at me. :w4nk: anybody in the manchester area i would advise avoiding lookers in stockport

Adamricko

MK3 1.4.cool/s
Jun 23, 2009
Manchester
I have not exactly been impressed with there customer service. I work in stockport so sometimes go in for a look or get some parts quoted.

As anybody would i ring around for different quotes from different dealers, and they have never given the best quote on anything.

I had to change my coolant sensor awhile ago and decided i wanted it doing properly. Rang around for quotes.

Seat Chadderton wanted £60 fitted
Lookers - Stockport wanted £120 :wtf:

i ended up buying a genuine VW sensor from fleabay for £12 and with a tub of coolant fitted in 5 mins by myself....

I fail to understand why they charge so much, they even wanted £35+vat for the part alone.

Just my 2p

Jay Leon

Oct 9, 2014
Hey
Just bought a nearly new leon from lookers. To be fair (so far) all is well. The only downside I get from the dealer is the desperation to shift cars. You will get pounce do and the attitude of one or two of the sales guys is v. Poor.

However, I got a great deal on my 12 month old crapy Honda - yes these details are right! Insight's are rubbish to drive!!!

Go to lookers but haggle like mad and you will get a deal as the sales staff will do anything to get a deal done
Cheers

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
The women on the parts and service bit from lookers are shocking. Not sure if there still at Manchester central they may have moved I was there last week.

They act like they are better than you, quick to put you down or catch you out with service schedules when you asking about warranty stuff.

Every time I'm in SEAT I'm usually waiting for them to finish on the phone. I can guarantee EVERY time when they finish the call and put the phone down a gesture is made aimed at the person who was calling. Usually a roll of the eyes,slam of the phone or aiming the V's. Why they feel they can do that in front of customers is beyond me.

Last edited:

RDD

Jan 8, 2015
Cheshire
The only downside I get from the dealer is the desperation to shift cars. You will get pounce do and the attitude of one or two of the sales guys is v. Poor.

The sales staff will do anything to get a deal done.

Cheers

Nothing worse than that, I went looking at a car here a while back and managed to go unnoticed as they were pestering other people, but they did come across as proper "wide boy" sales staff, nothing professional about them (unlike Toyota over the road, chalk and cheese) just ill fitting suits and pushy banter.

Couldn't deal with them for that reason alone so walked away :birdy:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I can't say I have ever had a great experience with them, they tried and failed to sell me a car last year and a number of years ago they equally failed at that task. I had a poor experience the one time I allowed them to service one of my previous cars.
Too much emphasis on pushing the insurance services than giving me a deal on the car.

I class them as a 'white goods' style of dealership, box shifters, rather than truly customer service focused.

Despite their latest corporate push to be NICER! http://www.lookers.co.uk/about-us/

http://www.motortrader.com/automotive-news/lookers-launches-staff-engagement-scheme/

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.