Looking at a Leon Estate VZ3

marshalex

Jan 8, 2015
Hi All

I've been looking at getting a Leon Estate VZ3 for a while after needing something with a bit more storage in the back vs my 330i saloon. Few things I'm struggling to find info out for:
  • Real world mpg - I can easily get 40+ mpg in the BMW at the minute with mostly motorway driving, what's the MPG like
  • Sound system - not having the option of the upgraded sound is putting me off a little, how good is the default system?
  • Infotainment - seen a lot of things mentioned about the touch screen being needed to control everything and it being a bit unreliable, how are you finding it
  • Any other quirks should be aware of?
Been struggling to find one to take for a test drive within a reasonable distance of where I live so hoping to get as much info as possible before ruling out whether it's an option or not.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hhhmmm. Why don’t you go for a 330i Touring? The 6 pot is one of the sweetest engines out there and sounds lovely.
The Leon should achieve 40mpg on the motorway (driving sensibly), the infotainment systems are getting way better with the latest updates. As for sound system I feel you only see the difference when you go expensive systems, all my opinion of course.

marshalex

Jan 8, 2015
Been trying to find one with a similar spec to mine (HK, electric seats etc) for months but there's nothing about unless go massively over budget or get a similar age to my current one.
Leon seems to tick all the spec boxes in v3 and has the biggest boot out of everything I've considered

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
My Leon returns around 44 if driven with a bit restraint, but since I have had it it has returned 29 overall. Got used to the infotainment set up now and using shortcuts is easy to use the features i need. Never had any bugs with the system in the 5 months I have had the car and it is a lot quicker than the Cupra 280 it replaced, well happy.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.