Looking to purchase an Ibiza Cupra Black.

LiamV89

Aug 30, 2016
Hi all I'm looking to buy a nearly new or new Ibiza Cupra black within the next few weeks
SEAT is new to me as I've been looking at other cars instead.

I've tried using the search function but can only search the whole forum rather than specific sub forums. Hopefully im doing something wrong rather than there being no solution to my questions.

I've previously looked at purchasing a Scirocco and have a decent knowledge of the spec and features and what is possible with a few tweaks using VCDS. Hopefully the same applies to SEAT as they're all VAG after all.

Ok so without looking like an askhole could someone answers these questions or point me in the right direction.

Cupra vs Cupra Black, what's the difference? Red callipers and full link is that all?

In the brochure there are two alloys available, black or silver ones. I've seen other alloys available on some of the lower spec'd Ibizas, as far as I know they're the same size so shouldn't be a problem requesting them ( this is probably a dealer issue/question)

The head unit supplied, what model is it? Does it have the capability of video in?
I've search the forum for reversing cameras but it seems to be for the Leon only. is it possible to retrofit one to the Ibiza?

Failing that, does the Ibiza Cupra black have reversing mirror tilt as standard, or is it something that can be tweaked using VCDS, or just not available?

My local dealership has a Cupra black in stock reduced ready to go that I'm test driving on Sunday but I don't think it has the parking sensors.

I'd like to go in there a little more informed about the available features as all I can see for extras is;
Different seats
Ambient light
Sunroof
Parking sensors.

Nothing about body kits, but the dealer mentioned the Cupra they have has one fitted ?

Thanks in advance.

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Regarding the difference between Cupra and Cupra Black, correct (and the obvious black accents)

You can also get a body kit, it's usually referred to as 'styling kit', includes side skirts, and spoiler as far as I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiamV89

Aug 30, 2016
Thanks. I've not see that option but then again I've only used Car wow to build the new car rather than the dealership.

I was hoping there weren't loads of additional stuff like this though as it adds up to a ridiculous amount by the time you add what you want.

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
I wouldn't buy one brand new from a dealer because with extras they're touching 20k brand new, there's a few on auto trader going for 14-16k with almost all extras with less than 2-5k miles on them.

Debating buying one myself or a 280 in the coming months

LiamV89

Aug 30, 2016
Yeah I'd never pay full price brand new. I've never paid full price for any large purchase.

Brand new Fully spec'd (as far as I can see) minus the sunroof

£16.3k. PCP (this includes £2250 deposit contribution)
£18.5k Cash

There seems to be a massive amount of variations compared to other cars.
I understand this is the first time they've been available with a 1.8?

What's the equivalent model for a 2014/15 Ibiza?

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Yeah I've had similar quotes from carwow too, it is weird. SEAT had a 0% finance offer on for a long time with deposit contributions too I think, just missed out on that though.

Yeah, it's replaced the notoriously unreliable 1.4TSI engine, although the later 1.4TSI engines are meant to be a lot better I personally wouldn't buy one.

LiamV89

Aug 30, 2016
Ah ok. I wonder if it's the same engine as the 1.4L in the scirocco, that's what got me looking at the 2L and then the 2L 'R'

I've downloaded a brochure for the Cupra Black.
Interestingly there is an option for a reversing camera but it's only available on the, SE, FR and FR Red so to me the limitation isn't the Head Unit and something else.

Could anyone with one of these models shine some light onto this? Not sure where the camera is mounted.

LiamV89

Aug 30, 2016
On PCP @ 7% APR it works out around £250 cheaper than the cash price using their HP finance. But I'd probably just buy the car outright, providing the cash offer on car wow is actually cash and not a ruse to get you to take out finance.

LiamV89

Aug 30, 2016
Haha My cousin has literally just suggested it and it has in fact come in cheaper than car wow.

However they Both have the 'Style Kit' missing from the optional extras.

Talking about retrofitting a reversing camera, he recons it'll void the warranty, on the electrics atleast. I didn't consider that :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members