Looking to sell my seat ibiza cupra R

May 6, 2021
Hi all i used to be a member on here ( but can not remember my user name or password hence new account) i own a genuine mk3 seat ibiza cupra r in ovni yellow and have done for the last 17 years it is highly modified and running a IHI turbo conversion pushing around 320 bhp
It has been sat for a number of years and i feel now is the time to part ways i was just wondering what sort our money these cars are going for now as i am sure theres not many left ( there was only 75 in this country to start with ?) i keep looking but haven't seen one sold for years. would any one on the forum be interested in it ? I could send full spec list and pictures if need be

hope i haven't broke any rules here best regards leon .

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Not looking to buy as I am restoring my own Cupra, but for your reference on the Seat Ibiza Mk3 owners club facebook page there was a standard Cupra R put up at £5,500 last week. Im biased but wouldn't budge from around that. If I was buying, as well as usual questions, I'd be keen to know the condition of the rear arches, front wings and the sills (under the sill covers). That's costing me a penny or two to sort at the moment. Good luck with sale though!

May 6, 2021
Thanks for the reply mate do you think it worth £5500 ? mine is in yellow and has a highly modified engine ? the paint work not the best these days but there certainly no rust at all around the arches or under the skirts. the car hasn't even been started for 5 years and not sure i would want to without some work for example cam belt change etc so the price must take this in to consideration. i mean the engine mods alone must of cost 6k many years ago .

does anyone think the cupra r will be worth serious money one day due to rarity or not ?

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
It's a bit crystal ball to be honest. I don't see many folk on here, or other sites, posting much about Mk3's (or appreciating them to be honest) so its quite hard to judge.

A yardstick could be Mk1/Mk2 Golfs which are a bit older than our Ibiza's but are going up in price. I used to have both of those Golfs and got rid of them. I regret that now when I see some rough looking examples being advertised for £3k/£4k and good ones up to £7k/£8k. Other 90s hot hatches seem to be going the same way. My B5 Audi RS4 has slightly appreciated since I bought it but that's probably a slightly different market/range.

The black cupra r advertised at £5.5k might seem steep but its standard which I think people might prefer tbh. Being standard is rare and removes the questions there could be about, for example, quality of modifications and whether other parts of the engine/gearbox/drivetrain/suspension can cope with particular parts being upgraded. That said, if you get your cam belt done, brakes and brake fluid (check brake pipes for corrosion), gearbox oil, check suspension and other bushes etc... I'd go for £5k and see how it goes - but be prepared for folk chipping that down. You might also get low offers by people wishing to break it so that is another option. Prepare a decent advert though, the quality (or lack of) of some adverts do not help the sellers

May 6, 2021
Great write up mate you make some excellent points which i hundred percent agree with(y)

I just want it out the way it not doing it any good being stood and it not undercover i have been offered £4500 to take it as it is which i think i am going to go for as by the time i have done cam belt and service and sorted the brakes so it can run it will cost £500 anyway so may as well let it go ? its a shame because it was once my entire life lol but things move on i would just be gutted if i see in a few years time they going for silly money .