Losing Coolant?

kevinmac87

Hi,

Was out in the car the other night for about an hour came home adn everything seemed normal. went to the car the next day and didnt reach the end of the driveway and the coolant light came on. checked the tank and was below the min so topped up and off i went no bother. checked it a couple days later and its slowly going down but no obvious wet patches under car. topped it up again and its slowly fallen again. but still no wet patches. HELP?

italianstallion

Jul 6, 2009
sounds like an internal leak
get it checked out
any oil residue within the coolant holder
it has been known that internal leaks into the actual engine

kevinmac87

could it be serious? no seat dealer anywhere even close to me on this island

shauncupra

Jun 19, 2007
Norwich,Norfolk
yeah mines been doing that for a little while now, it all began happening from when i changed the cold temp sensor. i just keep topping it up every time it appears low, id also be interested to know what could be the cause as theres not any signs of a leak or any oil in the water etc..

But since then ive also recently had the cambelt and the water pump replaced, but yet that little problem is still there.

Any ideas would be very helpful guys also

Last edited:

kevinmac87

it might be my water pump. its an 03 plate lcr with 45500 on the clo0ck so will be due replacing soon i think. Bought a bottle of K-Seal see if that makes a difference

Aug 24, 2007
could be a coolant pipe for the turbo, the heat vaporises the water and makes spotting it very tricky.

Aug 24, 2007
on my LC I jacked the car up after a run and then searched out the leak from underneath :)

kevinmac87

och well il give that a go. K seal should find that leak aswell shouldnt it?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.