Low power and steering wheel controls

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
Hi, ive just bought another Leon Cupra, this time a 2010 FL in white.

I have noticed a couple of things on the journey home....

There seems to be a lack of power in the lower gears but it starts to fly in 3rd and 4th, so is there a power limiter in the lower gears or do i have a problem?

Secondly, the car has factory satnav and bluetooth but the microphone button on the left hand side of the steering wheel mutes the sound only, is this a reprogramming fault?

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Hi, ive just bought another Leon Cupra, this time a 2010 FL in white.

I have noticed a couple of things on the journey home....

There seems to be a lack of power in the lower gears but it starts to fly in 3rd and 4th, so is there a power limiter in the lower gears or do i have a problem?

Secondly, the car has factory satnav and bluetooth but the microphone button on the left hand side of the steering wheel mutes the sound only, is this a reprogramming fault?

The second problem, you can change this using vagcom

First problem, I'm not sure, is it standard?

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
Yes its standard. I remember reading something on here about power limiting, but i cant find it or remember what model it was.

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Where are you based?

As Betty said the button on the steering wheel can be changed via VCDS, I actually changed mine so it was a mute button lol.

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
U know that for a fact mate?

I will be getting vagcom one day this week so might be able to meet up if you get stuck, but I won't know exactly how to use it lol

Where are you based?

As Betty said the button on the steering wheel can be changed via VCDS, I actually changed mine so it was a mute button lol.

I got it from a dealer so im presuming its standard, also im in Bolton near Manchester.

I cant make calls from the steering wheel, i have to do it through the touch screen satnav

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Buying it from a dealer will mean nothing as to whether it's standard or not. I traded my last car in and it was sold with lowered suspension etc. I know of another that was sold with a stage 2 DPF delete map on it from a seat main dealer!

Not being able to make calls from the steering wheel may be down to the version of media system fitted? Someone else will know better though. Is it media system 2.1 or 2.2? It will say when you turn the radio on

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
Buying it from a dealer will mean nothing as to whether it's standard or not. I traded my last car in and it was sold with lowered suspension etc. I know of another that was sold with a stage 2 DPF delete map on it from a seat main dealer!

Not being able to make calls from the steering wheel may be down to the version of media system fitted? Someone else will know better though. Is it media system 2.1 or 2.2? It will say when you turn the radio on

I will go and check now

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
OK it says 2.1, so i guess i cant make calls from the S/W, so what are the microphone and telephone buttons supposed to do?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I can hoof it through all the gears in my pre-FL Cupra without power loss, maybe they changed some stuff for the FL model?

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
I can hoof it through all the gears in my pre-FL Cupra without power loss, maybe they changed some stuff for the FL model?

Thats what im wondering....

Seems odd that when i had a pre-facelift K1 it was fast as fook in all gears, but first and second seem to be somewhat lacking in my new car???

Last edited:

NWhiteley

May 26, 2006
up north
One more question... does the 2010 FL Cupra have the engine/exhaust noise piped in to the cabin, similar to the 2.5 Focus ST? Again im sure i have read it somewhere but a search on here hasnt produce the desired results.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.