Lowering bog standard 1.6TDi

Psyclist

Aug 26, 2022
I've had my Leon a couple of years now, and I've been considering dropping the suspension on it for a while, but also had my head up my arse for a while, so never really looked into it.

Anyway, MOT last week flagged leaks on the rear struts, so I'm going to have to replace them, and just wondered if I'm as well just getting a full kit while I'm at it.

What kind of heights have people managed to lower to without hitting the bodywork or having to mess about with other parts of the car too much, and can anyone recommend any particular sets?

Cheers all!

K

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I've had my Leon a couple of years now, and I've been considering dropping the suspension on it for a while, but also had my head up my arse for a while, so never really looked into it.

Anyway, MOT last week flagged leaks on the rear struts, so I'm going to have to replace them, and just wondered if I'm as well just getting a full kit while I'm at it.

What kind of heights have people managed to lower to without hitting the bodywork or having to mess about with other parts of the car too much, and can anyone recommend any particular sets?

Cheers all!

K

Was it just an advisory for damper misting? or did it actually fail on leaking dampers?
VAG have an 'allowance' for some misting of the dampers so if just an advisory just clean it & keep an eye on it.

Psyclist

Aug 26, 2022
40mm would probably me more than adequate I reckon.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
AP and ST offer 40mm kits. If you can confirm your front strut diameter and wether you have independent or non-independent rear suspension we can provide links to them.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Psyclist

Aug 26, 2022
Definitely a cross member on the rear, but I'll have to check the front struts and get back to you.

Reactions: DamianPM

Psyclist

Aug 26, 2022
Definitely 50mm struts!

Apologies for the delay. The Mrs had hidden my verniers