Lowering my altea

Mar 8, 2023
Hi guys have any of you lowered your car while it's on 17 inch wheels? Mine looks like a monster truck right now with 17s 7.5j and 195/45 wheels. Please if you have, show some pictures and say how much it is lowered.
IMG_20230228_230526_292.jpg
20230228_114139.jpg

Ivan Ryban

Dec 9, 2022
Hello, I might not be the right guy to reply, but I just recently lowered my Freetrack (on 225/45 R17), which is indeed higher as stock, but the lowering effect was stunning, and I am not a guy seeking good looks, merely improved performance, and still I like it. I used Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and if they say they will lower 25mm or 30mm, then they will lower 25mm or 30mm, this is the easiest way you can imagine the result. Possibly, depending on the state of your stock springs (what is your mileage?), if they are "tired" a bit, the lowering might be slightly smaller. This is how I changed the springs, I did not take photos, I documented the process on video, you might see how the car looked on stock springs and on lowered Eibachs.

Altea Freetrack Eibach

But still, the lowered Freetrack is about as high as yours stock, so I just to give you an idea.. As for the driving quality, I very much like less body roll and stiffer reactions (not necessarily less comfortable!) I gained with this exchange.. When you finish these tyres, I would recommend fitting 225/45/17 tyre size (which should be your native tyre size on 17"), you gain a bit on the wheel size (bigger wheel = better looks?) and a more stable ride, and they will fit your rims very well, since you have 7,5" rims.

May I ask where you got that sweet front spoiler? Is it a functional feature (right installation angle, that really improves downforce at higher speeds?), or just a cosmetic improvement?

Mar 8, 2023
Hello, I might not be the right guy to reply, but I just recently lowered my Freetrack (on 225/45 R17), which is indeed higher as stock, but the lowering effect was stunning, and I am not a guy seeking good looks, merely improved performance, and still I like it. I used Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and if they say they will lower 25mm or 30mm, then they will lower 25mm or 30mm, this is the easiest way you can imagine the result. Possibly, depending on the state of your stock springs (what is your mileage?), if they are "tired" a bit, the lowering might be slightly smaller. This is how I changed the springs, I did not take photos, I documented the process on video, you might see how the car looked on stock springs and on lowered Eibachs.

Altea Freetrack Eibach

But still, the lowered Freetrack is about as high as yours stock, so I just to give you an idea.. As for the driving quality, I very much like less body roll and stiffer reactions (not necessarily less comfortable!) I gained with this exchange.. When you finish these tyres, I would recommend fitting 225/45/17 tyre size (which should be your native tyre size on 17"), you gain a bit on the wheel size (bigger wheel = better looks?) and a more stable ride, and they will fit your rims very well, since you have 7,5" rims.

May I ask where you got that sweet front spoiler? Is it a functional feature (right installation angle, that really improves downforce at higher speeds?), or just a cosmetic improvement?
Thanks for your reply. However yeah, I'm chasing after a lower look haha.

Unfortunately I guess I messed up with the tires.. they are brand new so I probably won't be able to change them.. I really did not expect the wheel arches to be this huge so yeah.. I definitely needed bigger tires on my wheels.

Regarding the front spoiler, I got got a random ad one time in Facebook for universal spoilers from a local online shop in Bulgaria, I asked if they had some for an altea and boom looks pretty nice. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• received_609875700917768.jpeg
    received_609875700917768.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20221102_212307.jpg
    20221102_212307.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20221110_210309.jpg
    20221110_210309.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 73
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members