matts r- t e c h stage2 lcr ( new parts for next stage for car) forged rods :)

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
small updeate

sold my focus so now av a bit cash to spend on the leon, iv brought a apexi airfilter and had ago at making a heat sheild it not yet fin ish iv trail fitted and love the sound of it but heat sheild needs finishing off and need a bigger airfeed hose as stock one is tiny

heres a couple of pics of filter off the car and the heat sheild maked out on a sheet of alu

96d49acf.jpg

a99675fa.jpg

50b75abc.jpg

will get pics up once its finished off

also goin to b orderin a forge 007 in the next week lost out on a brand new one on ebaqy so recon ill get one from awesome gti

matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good work Matt.

Apexi and a 007 will sound sweet! Good effort on the heatshield too. Looking forward to the pics.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Apexi seem to be coming on strong! I reckon if I was an open cone person I'd be swung towards one of these

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Will hopefully av it all finished mid this week will get some pics up then. Think I got the plan off your rr rds for the heatsheild

Matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
finished the heat shield did it black as it didnt polish up well and put a red trim around it got it fitted and the apexi it sounds nice can hear the dv through the filter,

also fitted a new set of plugs i fitted ngk iridium heat 7 as recormended car feels more responsive and runs smoother now,

next im goin to get a bigger hose to replace the standard air intake pipe and route it up from the bumper to help get abit more air to the filter, then order a forge 007 and a 3in tip

heres some pic of the apexi fitted

b9849895.jpg

8e20aafe.jpg

7200a017.jpg

53926432.jpg

matt

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice motor :) I like the platinum ones, would have gotten one if I couldn't have found a red one.

Quick one about your Apexi filter - mind if I ask where you got it? My Jetex cone is looking pretty sorry for itself so want to try an Apexi as a replacement.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Thanks mate

I got the apexi off eBay was 45 quid will try and find the link if u want it

Matt