Maxton Front Splitter V3

Oct 26, 2023
Thinking of fitting one of these to my Formentor V2
Anybody had experience of these? Easy to fit? Look good/bad? Decent quality?
Thanks

VEDI

May 14, 2023
I've had the v3 installed for about 6 months and it still looks in great condition. Even after numerous country road trips no issues with marks or road chips.

Looks are always subjective, personally I think all cars looks better with front splitters. Tricks the eye into that aggressive low stance look.

From what I've read, Maxton generally don't have much flex, so if you scrape a gutter or driveway there is a chance it will crack rather than scrape.

Rieger do an almost identical front splitter, but was near impossible to get shipped to Australia for a decent price:

Reactions: BaldPirate
Oct 26, 2023
Thanks for the info, very helpful
I prefer the look of splitters generally but was worried it’ll look like an afterthought and not part of the car
Did you fit it yourself? I spoke to the supplier and he said it was straightforward
Thanks again

VEDI

May 14, 2023
It might depend on the colour of your car, as the exterior trim is that dull gray.

I'm getting a bit older and time poor so got mine fitted by my regular mechanic for around $80au (£40).

If you are keen to diy, there are a few install videos around on YouTube (for different cars). Raise the front a bit (ramps should be enough) and with two people have them keep it aligned while you put in a bunch of self tapping screws. Otherwise some mounting tape should do the trick while you work.

Oct 26, 2023
Thanks again mate. Really useful info. I’ve ordered a Rieger 😀
Myself and son in law will fit when it arrives
Cheers

Reactions: VEDI
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.