Maybe time to say 'goodbye'

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
I am in a bit of a dilema. I've owned my Cupra 280 for 6 years and it has not let me down. Yet i find myself looking for a change.
I maybe selling up soon, and i am looking on Autotrader, my vehicle would fetch around £14-15k. Is that right? What
Is it about the spec? would that make any difference?

My car is a:
2015, 65 plate registered October 2015
65000 miles
Full Service History
Dynamic Grey
DSG
Full leather
Panoramic roof
Seat Sound
...maybe more

Mods are Racingline Stage 1 ECU / TCU and Eibach lowering springs. Should i take these off before selling? Should i go back to standard ECU setup?

Sorry if i am asking 'silly' questions, but i dont tend to sell too often.

Cheers in advance for the advice.

PS - please don't make any offers - i am just 'testing' the water and looking at value.

Reactions: Tone2525

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Good list of options, and good colour. The only option mines missing is the sunroof. Does yours have heated bucket seats too? Most would sell revert it back to stock, then sell. Some sell with mods on. More common with cars like Golf Rs, S3s etc. Quite often see stage 1 and 2 S3s on AutoTrader. A lot of people stage 1 these kinds of cars straight away.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I am in a bit of a dilema. I've owned my Cupra 280 for 6 years and it has not let me down. Yet i find myself looking for a change.
I maybe selling up soon, and i am looking on Autotrader, my vehicle would fetch around £14-15k. Is that right? What
Is it about the spec? would that make any difference?

My car is a:
2015, 65 plate registered October 2015
65000 miles
Full Service History
Dynamic Grey
DSG
Full leather
Panoramic roof
Seat Sound
...maybe more

Mods are Racingline Stage 1 ECU / TCU and Eibach lowering springs. Should i take these off before selling? Should i go back to standard ECU setup?

Sorry if i am asking 'silly' questions, but i dont tend to sell too often.

Cheers in advance for the advice.

PS - please don't make any offers - i am just 'testing' the water and looking at value.M
And MIB2 High, if I remember correctly.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I would say the biggest issue is that a lot of people do not like modded cars. Myself included, I wouldn't buy one. The modders protest and whine to the contrary but I'm afraid it's a fact.

Many insurance companies won't cover modded cars, if you don't declare the mods your insurance can be void. Modding your car pegs you as a 'boy racer' who drives his car hard, the opposite of the type of car most buyers want. Mods cast a question mark over reliability and if there are any issues dealers and manufacturers won't want to know.

Like I say, the guys who mod their cars defend it but the bottom line is that mods hurt the value and appeal of your car big time.

May 7, 2023
Just as a vague comparison, last week I purchased a similar spec cupra 280 to yours - 2015, dsg, heated seats, grey, 80k miles, standard - and paid £14k for it. It took a lot of hunting and bartering to find one at that price though, but i'm not sure if that's just because it's an estate.

Like others mentioned, mods can put off certain buyers, myself included so you might be better off going back to standard if it's easy enough.

The panoramic roof and updated media screen are definitely nice extras to have which will add a little to the value!

Reactions: H Rafiq
May 7, 2023
Infact, if the Eibach springs are in decent condition and they'd fit mine, i'd be interested if you're looking to sell!

Honestly wasn't what I was getting at when I suggested putting yours back to standard though bud, i promise 😂

• Haha
Reactions: H Rafiq

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Just as a vague comparison, last week I purchased a similar spec cupra 280 to yours - 2015, dsg, heated seats, grey, 80k miles, standard - and paid £14k for it. It took a lot of hunting and bartering to find one at that price though, but i'm not sure if that's just because it's an estate.

Like others mentioned, mods can put off certain buyers, myself included so you might be better off going back to standard if it's easy enough.

The panoramic roof and updated media screen are definitely nice extras to have which will add a little to the value!
That’s good news for me and my high-mileage 280 😂 Hopefully, when resale time comes, I won’t be at too much of a loss!

May 7, 2023
That’s good news for me and my high-mileage 280 😂 Hopefully, when resale time comes, I won’t be at too much of a loss!
:LOL: hopefully not bud! I did notice that the 280 Estate's seem to fetch a bit more as there's not too many to be found...the hatchback might be more like 12-13k depending on spec and mileage!

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
I sold mine 3 weeks ago 2014 with 65k miles on clock red with dsg and full service history for £11.5...I was battling with myself about selling or not like you, in the end decided after 4 years it's time for a change even there was nothing wrong with the car and it really served me well over 4 years and 35k miles.

Probably would get few £ more privately but could not be arsed to deal with tyre kickers and needed a space on drive...

Selling car privately become nightmare time wasters, dreamers unfortunately my own free time become more valuable than the extra few £ I could get for mine.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.