Mini Mod No.2

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Hi Daffy and SpursMadDave, Does the Black grille go ok with the Black Magic paint, as I assume they come in straight gloss black? Just got a 56 reg Black Magic TDi FR, and having seen this thread, found seremotors on eBay. They look good, I'm tempted by the B-pillars, grille and mirror covers, but not sure about whether it will look right with not being metallic.

Looks fine and much better than the chrome. It is not that noticeable but I don't have the B pillar covers.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Hi Daffy and SpursMadDave, Does the Black grille go ok with the Black Magic paint, as I assume they come in straight gloss black? Just got a 56 reg Black Magic TDi FR, and having seen this thread, found seremotors on eBay. They look good, I'm tempted by the B-pillars, grille and mirror covers, but not sure about whether it will look right with not being metallic.

I have the B pillars on mine & they blend in with the tinted glass better than the standard ones, I fitted the rear handles too, other wise its going to look odd, gloss B's & textured rears :blink:

I think the mirrors will make it look too dark, IMO

littleandy0410

Jace, did you get the rear handles from seremotors too? Have you got any pics of them online? Yeah, I wasn't too sure about doing the mirrors - I really like the silver/grey, but my FR is an ex-company car, and covered in scratches. The driver's side mirror has a large scrape on it, and thought I could just change the covers rather than pay chips away to respray. They're gonna have their work cut out on the body as it is!!

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Jace, did you get the rear handles from seremotors too? Have you got any pics of them online? Yeah, I wasn't too sure about doing the mirrors - I really like the silver/grey, but my FR is an ex-company car, and covered in scratches. The driver's side mirror has a large scrape on it, and thought I could just change the covers rather than pay chips away to respray. They're gonna have their work cut out on the body as it is!!

Yea, David sorted them for me.

P1020026.jpg

P1020027.jpg

Last edited:

littleandy0410

Cheers Jace, that looks great, much better than the standard pastic. (and it's a subtle enough mod that SWMBO won't notice I've been opening my wallet again!):whistle:

soates82

Is it a big job to do the rear handle/trim ? Don the grill mirrors and B pillar and quite fancy the gloss black at the rear.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Is it a big job to do the rear handle/trim ? Don the grill mirrors and B pillar and quite fancy the gloss black at the rear.

It depends on how handy you are I guess, it took me about 4hrs to do both sides, 3 of that was doing the 1st side, 2nd was a piece of cake.

You need to take the inner trim off & also unclip the glass from its carrier to do it the easy way.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.