Mk 2 Leon Service Interval Tolerance

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Does anyone know what the tolerance is on the service interval for the Mk.2 Leon?

As usual mine is due at a time (mileage wise) when I need to use the car for quite a few high mileage trips in the space of a few weeks.

I run the risk of getting it done too early (which will mean the next one is due quicker), or going quite a bit over the 10,000.

I know that other manuafcturers were happy with plus 500 miles on a 10,000 serice interval without any issues.

Is this the case with SEAT?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Does anyone know what the tolerance is on the service interval for the Mk.2 Leon?

As usual mine is due at a time (mileage wise) when I need to use the car for quite a few high mileage trips in the space of a few weeks.

I run the risk of getting it done too early (which will mean the next one is due quicker), or going quite a bit over the 10,000.

I know that other manuafcturers were happy with plus 500 miles on a 10,000 serice interval without any issues.

Is this the case with SEAT?
Mine dings at 9.3k and 18.9k [I'm on 19.4k at the moment] with service booked this week I think they allow 750ml tolerance - but check your oil - mine was at the end of the dip stick at 18k and I had to put 1ltr in, engine was abit quiter after!!

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I'm in a similar position, currently on 18k and I'm away working for a week soon, so i'll probably do 1000 miles or so. I called into the dealer and they said they're not to within 500 miles.

As my book says next service due at 20k they say i'll be OK - just to ignore the spanner.

It's brings up the 15,000km = 9300miles disaster....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise