Mk1 FR 1.8t Brake fluid problem.

Dec 9, 2022
Hello everyone!

I have this little problem with my fr.
My brakefluid is bleeding? somewhere, will inform after 2.5-5k km. Everything i can think of has been checked multiple times: brakelines, mastercylinder, clutch slavecylinder, abs module.

Does someone know where it could go? No leaking under.
IMG_2946.png

jr795

Dec 28, 2023
Might sound daft but remember that the fluid level will go down as the brake pads wear because the caliper pistons will be extended further. Could it just be that? How much has it gone down by/over how many kms?

Dec 9, 2022
Might sound daft but remember that the fluid level will go down as the brake pads wear because the caliper pistons will be extended further. Could it just be that? How much has it gone down by/over how many kms?
Brake calipers are new, brake disks and pads are new, i dont think they are the problem.

Beepin (from fluid being low) starts after like 5k kms. I pressured the system and it didnt leak anywhere. Hoses and lines are new.

anni25pd

Jul 23, 2012
glasgow/ayrshire
Clutch line is hydraulic too, fed off master cylinder worth checking as release bearing can leak internally but usually results in clutch slip and visible output.

Dec 9, 2022
Clutch line is hydraulic too, fed off master cylinder worth checking as release bearing can leak internally but usually results in clutch slip and visible output.
Everything clutch related was replaced bc of this. No signs of slipping clutch etc.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.